Why is age such a big deal on this site?

considering the younger people would benefit more from advice but some on here have the the holy than tho attude and won't even talk to younger people?

Most Helpful Guy

• I talk to younger people every day on this site. Unfortunately, I occasionally am told that I should not be here, this site is for younger people, and I am too conservative, living in a bygone era, etc. This attitude comes from people who also claim to be open-minded and they fuss at others for slut shaming, etc.

• 😱 Who dare said u shouldn't be on this site!! 😡 I will not rest untill I hunt them down and eat them muhahaha😈😈!!!

• I don't think that you're too old for the site. You're not even that old! You're 61! I don't understand why people discriminate towards age so much on this website.

• @Superchick123 I appreciate your kind words!

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually asked a question about this a couple weeks ago and most people who responded said that age didn't matter to them.

But, as an 'older' person, compared to you anyway, a lot of the younger people here are that way, too. They don't actually want advice. They want us to tell them what they want to here or make them feel better and, unfortunately, that's not how older people work, not to mention a lot of the questions the younger members ask on here are immature and we've outgrown them. I've seen so many young people ask 'He looked at me in the hallway, does he like me?'. Like, wtf, we don't know, that's not enough information lol.

What Guys Said 22

• I talk to everybody. So beware!

• I... actually find my age doesn't come up that much, and rarely with teens.

There's a subset of the 20-29 year olds who think they have it all figured out, that all the teens are stupid and should remain silent, and anyone older shouldn't be here. But it's just a subset.

I never really run into age-related issues with any other group though. And most people are fine.

• Oh my God, thank you so much, you just wrote exactly what I think! I agree completely. Most of the people who are harsh and rude with teens and "older" people are 20-29 years old.

• I don't really like talking to them. Most of the questions I see are like is 130 too fat for 5'2? Or why does this guy stare at me, does he like me. Or stuff like how to become more attractive to girls.

Basically all these answers can be found on google. there is nothing specific.

• Most of us talk to everyone, but sometimes people generalize based on one youngster giving "childish" answers. They than disregard all minors.
    Just try not to worry about it, and interact with those that do interact with you :D

• I don't understand it either.

• I'm not like that, I remember what it was like being your age and don't mind giving advice to young people that I wish I had gotten back then

• Because you have to develop a thick crust of bitterness, regret, and ignorance before your opinions matter on GaG.

• its because they ask inappropriate questions that. they need to ask their parents.

• I like to talk to younger people... After all, almost everyone here is younger than me, LOL.

• I don't know
    many things are considered a big deal here which shouldn't.

I talk to people of all ages.

• There are many young users who are wise beyond their years. @sparkly-crystal is one of them.

• I try and help where I can, and don't often look at the age of the asker.

• We're not all that way. Shoot. What's bothering ya?

• I'll talk to whoever, and if I can offer help to someone, awesome! If I can have just a conversation with someone, awesome! Always looking for new friends and people to talk to! Anyone who wants to, just message me!

• No idea
    Maybe cause older people thinks that younger aren't experienced and can't help them 😶

• Why is this question being asked time and time again, especially from people under 18? Bias?

• Omg you're 17 !! Die.

• 17.. You're old as fuck.

• never heard of that, i talk to people of any age.

• I normally don't care about age, but if they act like they were raised in a bubble, I have a problem with that.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13

• Well fortunately I don't mind because I was young once. It could be that they have issues in their own lives and don't care much about others. For example they have questions on here needed to be answered and are more concern with that. Any youngsters need advice hit me up I don't mind at all

• I tend to not answer questions of younger gaggers simply because I'm old enough to be their mother and feel that because of my age, it will seem like motherly advice. It's nothing personal toward them, and I would never ignore a personal message.

• I don't mind talking to younger people. I mind when younger people think they can school me on shit I've been doing for years or when they try and define my sexuality for me or talk down to me but otherwise I'm fine talking to teens.

• Because people are dick heads. And will use whatever they can't to make you feel bad on this site 😂😂 that includes making you feel bad about being younger. Which means less life expirence, so one might think your opinion shouldn't be valued. others think meh, " she's a kid!" What does she know!!! This mentality can be used in arguments so many times on this site.

• *Holier than thou

Lol just kidding, I guess it's because a lot of the older generation has been where a lot of younger people have been or might be experiencing it with their own children that they see how stupid it is. Some are mean and think young ones have nothing of value to say, but others are more open and like helping the youth out. There's jerks everywhere in all age groups, your best bet is ignoring the rude ones and focusing on those who try to be helpful.

• Wait... this happens? D:

I've talked to people in their 60's and some as young as 14.

• I would gladly give advice. But in the past I have been terribly insulted if I said something they didn't like.

• I can't speak for them, of course.

I try to be sociable, but I do have a life so I'm not online 24/7. There have been some attempted contacts that are obviously trolls or creepy people, & I prefer to keep my distance & not encourage that sort of thing.

• Some people are just like that. Age might be relevant for certain kinds of advice, not necessarily because of the age itself... but because of inexperience. It's just like how some young people don't take older people seriously. It goes both ways. Don't mind it too much. There are plenty of problems here but I've never noticed that one.

• cuz its right next to our names, we like discriminating

• Nothing is wrong with young people.. I was young once ;)

• It's not to me.

• I know right