Can you name all the countries in Europe?

I was inspired to ask this by the question of @ThisDudeHere for Europeans to name all the US states. So let's reverse the game and see what Americans know about Europe! :-) And everyone else is of course welcome to try the quiz as well :-).
I tried the quiz myself and I got 44/47.
http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/europe
Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to integrate my screenshot in this question.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sure I can't but I'm willing to give it a go.
    Iceland (not sure if you count that as Europe) Portugal, Spain, France, Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales, (the United Kingdom), Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Czech, Slovakia, Austria, Poland, Finland, Slovenia, Greece, Estonia, Georgia, Belarus, Ukraine, Romania, Macedonia (?), Turkey (again not sure if you're counting that as Europe), Hungary (not sure how I forgot that [Austria-Hungary, duh, I'm such an idiot]), Transylvania, Cypress (also not sure if you're counting that as Europe), and I wish I could just say former Yugoslavia states but I wouldn't accept that.
    So Europeans, how'd this American born and raised supposed americacentric kid do?
    What did I miss?

• You can click on the link, there's the quiz ;-).
      There are 47 countries in total, you got 29 if I counted correctly. Georgia is not considered a European country anymore because it belongs to the Caucasus. Transylvania is a region but not a political entity.

• I'm a little disappointed in myself, but still I'm content.

What Girls Said 8

What Guys Said 11

• I can tell you the countries... I don't give a shit about your states lol

• I got 40, but I couldn't spell Lichtenstein (ironically predictive text got it for me on here and I thought it was Bosnia Herzegovina... Forgot the "and" 😑. I also didn't know Kosovo was a country. I mean I thought it was just a region of somewhere

• i got lichtenstein's spelling wong too

• Yeah, Kosovo got its independence in 2009 I believe. Though it hasn't been officially recognized as a sovereign nation by some members states of the UN.

• I already did a quic earlier today and I happen to know every Ruropean country by name and location.

• 44/47 - apart from Andorra, Kosovo and Cyprus.

• got them all :)

• I know them all but if I have to list them all... I'm sure I'll forget a couple

• Got all of them, took me 4 minutes :-)

• 23/47

• Yes, I got all of them. I am European though so it is a bit easier.

• That website was kinda defective. There was actual countries I included that the game didn't read

• Texas