What's it like to live in the Bronx or an NYC borough other than Manhattan?

Most Helpful Guy

• I grew up in Brooklyn and I knew people who's never been to Manhattan. Each borough is big enough where visiting another borough is not neccessary. Most people who live in a borough are extremely prideful of where they come from and will identify themselves as being from that particular borough instead of being from NYC.

• Is it as dangerous as people think it is? What do you like best about living there?

• Nah, crime rates have gone down considerably since the 1980s. There are still bad areas such as Brownsville, BK, or the south Bronx but for the most part, most of NYC is safe. As a matter fact, Williamsburg, BK and Harlem has been gentrified and businesses are booming in those neighborhoods.

The best part about NYC is that it's the city that never sleeps. Whatever you want, you can get over here - anytime of the day. We also have the best pizza, bagels, and cheesecake in the world :)

What Guys Said 3

• I live in the Bronx. Depends on the neighborhood. It can vary significantly. Living in Riverdale, Bronx is totally different from living in Brownsville, Brooklyn for example. Some neighborhoods are quiet with single family homes while others are very crowded with tall apartment complexes. Transportation should be pretty easy from any neighborhood. Got tons of bus routes leading to subway/metro lines. You will have to learn how to find your way around (especially in the subway). In the bad neighborhoods some people avoid eye contact with anyone while others are all out and loving. Plenty of parks all over. Not all have a nice atmosphere but most are still good when you need a break.

• I don't live in NY but I spent a week there for a service project. It really depends on where you live in each borough. If I had to choose the poorest borough I would choose the Bronx though. That's where I stayed. While I was there some guy was shot and killed 2 blocks away too. Hope this helps :)

• Meh, certain parts of the Bronx are really nice, like Riverdale/Country Club, Morris Park and Pelham Bay. Other than that, it's a shithole.

What Girls Said 0