Which region of the United States of America would you want to live in?

EXCLUDING the United States' territories, Where you would want to live?

I've lived in Ohio my entire life, but every time I've been to the southeastern region, I've loved it! I love Kentucky, Virginia, Tennessee, West Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina. The people are much friendlier, it's very cheap to live there, and there is always something to do.

• Eastern Coast/Hemisphere (Delaware, Maryland, Washington, District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island).
  • Southeast (Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Arkansas, Mississippi, Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida).
  • Midwest (Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Minnesota).
  • Southwest (Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, Utah).
  • Great Plains (Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming).
  • West Coat (California, Oregon, Washington).
  • Alaska, OR Hawaii, OR both.
People: Please, give out a REGION of the United States you would want to live in. If you want to put a specific state, city, or type of area, that's fine too-As long as you ALSO include the region.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've lived all over the US throughout my life. I really want to live in Alaska now.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've lived on the east coast all my life, I'd like to see what all the hype is about on the west coast 😛

It seem like most major cities on that side of the country are farther apart where as over here you can find most cities are within two hours of each other.

What Girls Said 25

• Big cities only. I can't stand suburbs nor country.
    My hometown, Chicago.
    www.political-humor.org/.../...ou-got-murdered.jpg

• I heard Chicago is one of the worst cities to live in to be honest. I've still never been there though.

• Exactly. Many of the nearby towns have extremely lax gun laws, that even our thugs go over there and purchase weapons LEGALLY.

We are close to Wisconsin and Indiana and Michigan too though. You'd need to cut their supply as well to make it effective. Though a statewide ban would be interesting to see. But citywide? Hardly effective as we ban fireworks yet people just drive to Indiana every year and bring them over here.

• Yes, I live in the southwestern corner of Ohio, by the Indiana, and Kentucky border, so I can relate to going to Indiana for fireworks.

And I don't agree with banning guns, but I see nothing wrong with gun-control measures. The problem is, our country is so pro-gun, we don't even like gun-control measures. Even the most liberal people seem to be against gun-control measures, so it's not even that much of a "Republican vs Democrat" debate anymore. It's basically "America vs the rest of the world" when it comes to guns.

• Bro... that dude is a known troll. He makes accounts, pisses a few people off acting like a fucktard... then deletes and goes away for a while.

Lather.
    Rinse.
    Repeat.

#DontFeedTheTrolls

• The only reason why I would live so far from home is if my future husband lives there.
    Hopefully it would be New York or Chicago

• HAWAII! :D

• Rural Hawaii

• The west coast for sure. I love Oregon. It's my home and place of birth.

• I like both Alaska and Hawaii :D

• I'll be afraid to live in USA alone 17h away from here 😳 Beside all my family who was living in USA are back home. Just to answer ur question I choose NY There's American live there will host me I trust her cuz she's engaged to Saudi guy and will live in Saudi Arabia. She wish if I come to NY

• Chicago, New York, Alaska, Hawaii, or San Francisco.

• Midwest.
    Lived here my whole life.
    Illinois and Iowa. Love it here.

• East Coast. It's a different culture and pace, but close to where most of my family is, so I could visit during vacations.

• My family and I were going to live in New York... but NOOOO... we had to take a detour to Florida instead..

• But then again, I understand, it's cheaper

• @Hidden_P I just realized... but we were moving from a third world country.

• Fair play. But you can understand my reasoning, seeing as you have claimed you are from the US already and I can't think of a single US place that is a 3rd world country.

So either you are lying on your page or trying to gain an apology from me.

Either way if it's true, well done your parents should be proud and I doubt someone would really be too picky over where their running water and disease free food comes from, but that's just me. If it's not true it's a very horrible thing to claim.

Also most 3rd world countries don't have Internet. Just saying.

• I've lived on the west coast, in the south east, great plains and north east. So id like to live in the south west.

• I was born in the deep south... and staying there

• the only fun places seem like new york, la and atlanta

• Literally the worst places to go. Actually, Atlanta isn't that bad. LA and new York are overrated as shit. They aren't even in my top 10 American cities

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau What's your Top 10? I feel like you love making lists :P

• I do! I don't really have an order because it's hard. Also, these are only my top cities, not places. And these are only the places I've been to, by the way. There are a ton of the country I haven't seen yet
      10- Charlotte
      9- wilmington, nc
      8- indianapolis
      7- myrtle beach
      6- new orleans (probably should be lower, but fuck it 😂)
      5- Washington dc
      4- houston
      3- miami
      2- san Antonio
      1- savannah

I'm probably missing a couple, but whatever 😝

• I'm happy living up here in Canada.

• Alaska, OR Hawaii

• I had no idea Colorado was considered southwest I thought it was midwesru

• Southeast is where it's at 😎

• Connecticut

• Where you live?

• @kelvinmed where would you want to live?

• I don't know I want to say close to the art community and wherever graphic design or animation is booming and right now I can only think of new York buy I'll see

• I like where I am now.

• East Coast for sure

• none I prefer my country

• I've Always lived on the east coast but wouldn't mind moving out west

• Washington

What Guys Said 26

• I loved Texas -- the people there seem to be really relaxed and friendly, and I like the barbecues there.

That said, Hawaii and Alaska seem kind of ideal for me. I've only been to Hawaii for a short time and never been to Alaska, but Alaska sounds dreamy to me, especially next to harsh seas and cold winds.

• The Great Plains or Alaska/Hawaii

• "Of the United States but excluding the united states territory" - I don't understand that part. Anyway, I am happy in the NorthEast and want to stay here.

• Here in the United States, we have territories as well (i. e. Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, Northern Marianas Island, and the United States' Virgin Islands).

• I live in California, where there's sunshine, ocean, mountains, desert, rainbows, and unicorns.

I loVE California.

• San Diego, savannah, key west, san Antonio and Miami are my dream cities 😍. I'll also always love north Carolina! Anywhere where I won't have to shovel snow in the winter and worry about my nuts falling off 😂

• Somewhere that has open and concealed carry.

• I love the midwest. I grew up in wisconsin and wouldn't change a thing if i could go back in time. I live in arizona now, but I am very interested in the east coast, specifically philly, or NYC. My least desireable is the Southeast. None of those states seem interesting at all.

• I'll stay here in California. It was 72 degrees in mid Winter last year, can't get that anywhere else.

• I'm great happy were I am in the great plains.

• I live in the northeast, the place that appeals to me most is NYC. The northeast and the west coast are the only places I would consider living, so those are my top two.

• England.

• Midwest! REPRESENT!

MISSOURI!

BIAS!

BUT I LOVE IT!

• I chose southwest

• I want to live anywhere in the west coast. Anywhere must preferably a town in Cali were there's a beach. I live in Texas and want to leave the heat for a while

• The west coast or alaska or hawaii

• Washington state, I could hike and hunt and go into a big city all in the same state

• Eastern coast. I live in Florida and it fucking sucks.

• East coast Best coast

• New England or Alaska. Or maybe the northern West Coast.

• Arizona :)

• cali... south is hicks and braindeads.

• This is such an ignorant stereotype. Ask @CheerGirl38139 about the south. Most of the people I knew down there weren't "braindeads", and were very friendly, and didn't act like the stereotypical "redneck hick."

I do find it ironic you call them "braindeads" when you didn't even use proper capitalization, or a proper sentence structure yourself.

• that is cool... but i don't know who that girl is, nor do i care... oh, and the web isn't the place for standard English. south is hicks, always has been and will be, it's a law of the universe.

• I was born and raised in Tennessee. I kinda like it here.

• california gold mine with quartz and rounded gold boulders.

drool.

• I love where I live right now, which is San Diego

• west coast... or nyc. not the south, too many braindead hicks.

• None of them.