How would you feel if someone told you that you reminded them of an ex?

They tell you that certain things about you remind them of one of their exes.

How would you feel?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess this is a bit two sided, but if it was negative, I would think they are unjustly comparing me to someone else. If it is positive/ neutral, I would just assume she has a particular taste for what ever that comparison was lol

Basically, I think most likely I would not take it bad, but it depends on what is/ how she says it.

What Girls Said 11

• It depends on if they just said it passing, or if they repeatedly mentioned it. It's not healthy for a relationship for either of the couple to keep talking about an ex, especially if you say you remind them of their ex. I wouldn't be with a guy who reminded me of my ex

• It depends if those were the negative things that caused their relationship to end. Or weather they were the things that made them fall for their ex in the first place. If you are feeling a tad confused and jealous its because you feel slightly offended as they are a ex. I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets mentioned a lot. Maybe try asking your partner what they meant by that statement. No one can read minds. good luck 👌

• I wouldn't care, unless he was actually my boyfriend and i shared qualities with his ex. Not a good sign.

• Unless he was a crush or a man I was dating, it wouldn't bother me.

Laugh and say, "She must have been HOT". ;)

• I did this too much early into my relationship... don't do it :)
    I've never been compared, so, I dunno how I would feel. But if it was negative, I would feel negative.

• Depends. Do I have the good or bad parts of the ex? 😝

• That would be awkward

• Would find that interesting.

• Probs become their ex!

• I would be curious and instantly ask "how so?"

What Guys Said 11

• I would ask if it was intended to be a compliment and then thank them if they said it was. If it happened often, I would remark that they probably weren't over their ex because they're always comparing me to them.

• I was told that by a woman I met once when I was in my 20s. I thought it was a good thing because she told me how he treated her well. Guess not, never saw her again after spending a couple days with her.

• "Great?"

• I wouldn't think anything of it, everyone has their usual traits that attract them.

• I've had that happen. I always said, "Oh really? Is that good, bad or indifferent?"
    Usually it ran it's course quickly.

• It's not exactly a compliment. I probably wouldn't feel good about it.

• Nothing i'd be indifferent to it.

• I would feel awkward and wonder what is wrong with me

• Walk out.

• I would be like oh that's cool

• Feel compilimented and have hope. Exs smash