Last time you spent time without full access to your cell phone?

Meaning you didn't have service so you couldn't use it for anything, or you just shut it down for a bit.

Going north this weekend where there isn't any cell reception at the place I'll be staying for the weekend / a couple days.

Kind of looking forward to going sans technology, but at the same time kind of not because I've started talking to a guy recently and I don't want to be without service for a few days because of that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Most Helpful Guy

• Since I've gotten a phone... never. However, I have gone 24.5 years without a phone and I've only had a phone for about 6 months, I would be perfectly fine without it.

What Guys Said 40

• I went 45 years without a cell phone, and wouldn't miss it if it disappeared tomorrow.

• I don't have a lot of friends and family that call so I forget my phone at home a lot of times going to work or on trips. I'm don't play games, have any social media or watch videos on my phone. Just call and text. So when I forget it my wife has hers if someone needs to reach me.

• I'm one of those few 'Monks' that refuses to be chained to tech!! I have a REALLY old cell, pay-as-you-go, just for emergencies!!
    I grew up without cell phones, just fine!! I like my FREEDOM and they can't get me, without a phone!!
    Give it up, and LIVE FREE AGAIN!! :) :)

• About two years ago. My phone died and my dad had just left the country for a week. He was the account owner. I went a week without a phone. Best week of my life so far. I was glad when I got the new phone though. I got it the day before a concert that I'd been waiting to see for ten years.

• It is a great idea to go tech naked for the weekend!

I am sure if you just explain it to the guy, he will understand.

I have few jobs that are out in the middle of Lake Huron/Georgian Bay where service is poor and I am camping out for a few weeks total. It is really nice to dump the phone and leave it behind. I have a Sat phone in case of emergencies, but that is it.

I also have a basket down at the door where everyone leaves their phone when they come to visit. I believe in giving them my undivided attention and feel as though the same respect should be given to me.

• 25.media.tumblr.com/...zzaEezJ1qbdyvro1_r1_500.gif
    Hmm last time was when i went backpacking lol it died from lack of energy:P

• Just warn him your going on a trip and you won't have service. But you promise to be safe and will be back asap. (He would probably telll you that your lucky and to enjoy the trip xD.)

• Yesterday was roadtripping through some boonies part of Canada , the reception is kinda meh... so I just put the phone away and 60s-ed it. Getting to places the old fashion way with signs and word of mouth.

• I can't think of a time I had absolutely no usage. Even when I go camping at RV campsites, there is WIFI available all around so my phone is still usable.

• A month or two back I was in a hotel far away from any larger city, in a "forgotten area" of the Netherlands. Reception there was very pool so I couldn't use it either.
    I'm not a heavy user so no problem to me :D

• Was on vacation in Cuba... no roaming and no wifi (unless you paid for half an hour's access, in the lobby only). Had the phone mostly for the camera, games and music functions.

It was fine, didn't miss it, was having too much fun.

• A couple weeks ago? I hardly use my phone, except I check to see if my family have tried to contact me.

• That happens whenever I am at home.
    I live in a rural area that is a little bit outside of the coverage of the towers.

• 3 weeks ago.

• If it weren't for work purposes, I could toss it in a lake tomorrow and not really care.

• I don't always need reception, though. I went to France for five days for a school trip, we had WiFi at the place where we stayed but everywhere else I had no reception (well I did, but I don't want to pay the incredibly high roaming costs). But I can still listen to music or watch videos I downloaded on it, so not having reception wasn't a huge issue.

• A couple of hours ago when I was bombing my toilet, I never take my cell phone into the bathroom with me.

• uhm I don't know. I always have reception

unless you count inside some bigger buildings but more often than not I have wifi there and those are just for a very short time

• I can't remember... That's bad isn't it xD

• I could go without, it's just out of convenience. Working in a classified area at a Naval Base for 2 weeks,, I didn't have it the whole day until I got home.

• O lets see 6, 7 years so far.

• Just tell him dude 😜

• I will duuuddddeee

I just feel like I'm losing out on points if I have to go a few days without being in contact.

I dunno who else he's talkin to man

• Lmao 😏

It's not gonna happen tho cause I have to pack and stuff and I was lazy af and didn't shower this morning 😂 Too stubbly for a "nap".

• Bahahaha 😂😂😂 just tell him raincheck next week. 😛

• Oh haha.. um never I always have it. Just kidding, last week I spent a day without and it was horrible lol.

• Haven't used phone for more than a month. It's display is broken.

• I actually refuse to use a cell phone anymore..

• Like a week or two ago.

• last Friday when I was in the subway.

• Just tell him the truth. And I think he'll looking forward to hear you soon ☺

• My charger broke so I had no porn you don't know what that's like for a teenage boy

• It has been a long time probably a year or so. Be safe have fun. If yiu can pm I would an oponion. Thanks

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 27

• not having internet for a few days is one of the most amazing things on earth. i went for a week without it while on a cruise and i loved it.

that was awhile back. since then I've been on the go and i use my phone for all sorts of things that i really need.

• About 2 weeks ago my LG G4 suffered a known hardware issue the causes the phone to go into a endless reboot cycle. I was without a phone for 2 days. I have a something a nervous tick where my hands have to occupied. I'm almost always playing solitaire or some sort of match 3 on my phone while I'm watching TV.

• I avoid my phone like the plague whenever I can. I hate being hyper-connected all the time. Phones/texting enable people to carry on a disproportionate number of simultaneous conversations that we can't in real life. So yeah, I shut down my phone most days and never look at it until it dies or I get an emergency phone call. There's a deep satisfaction and contentment in speaking with someone you haven't for a long time if you don't text them all the time.

• like 3 days ago, I left my charger in France because my sister needed it and I couldn't charge my phone for a few days :/

• Umm, it's been a good while. I think maybe last summer is the last time that's happened, but it wasn't for too long. It happened while traveling through mountains and country roads to get to our destination.

• Last time was last weekend and doing it again in about a month. Honestly, it's a hell of a lot more fun without electronics, despite my streak of being on tonight. But if the guy can't handle you gone for a few days, he isn't worth it.

• A week ago. Power got shut off. :/

• Last weekend. My sister and I had an interview for global entry in San Francisco at 4 am, we left the house at midnight which was a nightmare and didn't have cell reception at various times as we drove over the mountains.

• The good news is that I was granted a global entry card, which I think they do to everyone as long as you don't seem hostile.

• Every once in a while I'll go a week without using my phone so I can relax and connect with my surroundings.

• The last time I went camping!:) which wasn't that long ago! Then it'll be this Saturday when I go to Mexico (I won't have any service there).

• Couple weeks ago for five days i was at a music fest. Either no battery or no service.

• About a month ago when I went camping.

• When I was in a cave during this month. :D

• Cave? 😱

• I was going through fairytale caverns at Rock City. So before I went in I had to tell my boyfriend bye on a Skype call and then go in before he went to sleep. XD (He's 5 hours ahead of my time)

• If not having one doesn't count (because I didn't for a few months after the first time I moved out of my dads), then i believe it would be when we went on vacation a few years back. It was a cabin by a lake and there was no service.

• I am gonna do it today.

• I dropped my phone in the toilet a couple weeks ago so I was without a phone for only a day lmao 😂

That should be nice! It feels good to disconnect yourself from technology sometimes.

• Two years ago

• Today.

• Last summer when my phone went for a little swim.

• When I was in the hospital

• Last weekend I was on holiday on the beach, no signal there at all, and didn't miss it. I was with the one person I'd want to keep in constant contact with though!

Sometimes I do turn it off, when I realise it's becoming a time sink.

• I went 3 days without a cellphone about half a year ago at a camp.

• A month ago

• I went to Peru last summer and didn't have phone access for 3 months

• My phone was taken up for a week ago today and I just got it back.

• Couple months whist sailing.

• for a few weeks now and it feels good to take a break.