What do you think of people who hunt for "sport"?

This pic sums up my views
What do you think of people who hunt for
Seriously if they want a sport they should just go out on the range and shoot at each other :)

Most Helpful Guy

• They should hunt each other.

What Guys Said 24

• The African endangered animals and any animal that is endangered is off limits. These are poachers and I hate them. They need to be shot on sight and left for the scavengers. Here in the USA a little known fact is we have more deer today than at the turn of the 20th century. I'm ok with legal hunting as long as you at least eat what you kill which most do. Feral hogs and prairie dogs are a big problem that numbers need to be kept in check. Prairie dogs because they're a hazard to horse ranchers. They step in their burrow and it breaks the horses leg which is a death sentence for the horse. Coyotes are a real problem with large numbers because some have lost all fear of humans and they can and do interbreed with domestic dogs. The biggest threat is the lowly gopher and desert turtles. They are endangered and are a keystone species. Poachers gas them. They pour gas in their burrows to get furry critters sharing residence but the turtles aren't fast enough to save themselves. These turtles are so protected it's illegal to even pick one up but poachers couldn't care less

• So sad.

I saw this years ago at the "Higgins Pigeon Shoot" In PA. They basically would take caged pigeons that have never flown... open the gate on the container and launch it into the air like a clay pigeon and shoot it! Lots of dead, dying and wounded birds flying around. I don't think they do it anymore.

This is similar. Catch a tiger, release from cage and shoot it.

I think it is terribly dis respsectful to the creator of such amazing creatures to treat them like that. I'm sure they feel great for their achievement because it is such an amazing animal, and it does take some skill to shoot like that. But it is low level behavior to me. Total disregard for the animal and who created it. Its an insult.

Now if I'm out in the wild and I'm attacked, I'd shoot one for sure... cause I want to live. But that's different than hunting one out of a cage. If they are hunting one in the wild, um... maybe, but we have too much advantage... high powered rifles, from hellicopters, gps tracking, etc.. It just isn't fair, it isn't sport.

I want to see the hunter come back with welts, bloodied, torn clothes from the fight. then I'll admire them. Men who wrestle alligators and tie them up... that I respect.

• I don't really care for it. Epecially when they do more just to take a picture of it. My step-father in law hunts. However he hunts elk, pheasant and things he will not only shoot but eat.

I don't like the killing of exotic animals or animals not being used also for food.

• What I think of them? Maybe they might eventually end up trophies for something else that decides to hunt "them" for "sport":

vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../...1_Predator.jpg

They may end up being someone or something else's "prize" (trophy):

cdn1-www.craveonline.com/.../Predator-2.jpg

Or maybe they might get "skinned alive":

vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../...nd_his_men.png

• I generally don't understand why people hunt. I don't have a hate for hunters but I do think it's a very bizarre activity (I'm talking about laymen, not park rangers and that sort). Like... these people might not have gotten the memo but nowadays, there's actually stores with food in them standing at every freaking corner.

• I am anti hunting but you have to look at both sides.

some would argue that there is some justification for hunting as it can actually raise money for conservation and generate eco-tourism. If you allow hunters to take old or injured animals but charge them for the privilege (large sums of money in some cases) then that money can be pumped back into the conservation of the species, creating jobs and benefiting both animals and people. however it needs to be managed properly which it rarely is.

Again, i absolutely disagree with it and think there are other ways to generate money and encourage tourism without killing animals. Although hunters pay large sums, normal tourists are much more numerous. a hunter can take one shot and the animal is gone forever however photographers can take thousands of shots and the animal is preserved through pictures.

The only reason i even mentioned this is because we recently had this debate at uni as I am studying conservation and ecology and some of the ideas presented by pro hunting were intriguing however much i disagree.

FOR GOOD MEASURE, BEFORE I AM ATTACKED, I AM ANTI HUNTING.

• I hunt for the meat cuz I love venison which is deer meat. I've also hunted various birds as well. Made pheasant alfredo that was good. I'm getting hungry now 😛

• Wasted effort mostly, I mean if they wanted to shoot something that's alive, just sign up for a military job.

• As someone who comes from a family of hunters and wants to go hunting some day.
    I don't even consider them true hunters.
    Canned hunts, near endangered animals, riding around in a car till you find one.
    Hunting should be something that brings you closer to the natural world, not further removes you from it

• I find it vile killing innocent animal for what? What precisely is the reason for hunting for sport? Not to mention these people don't actually even hunt. They breed these animals and make it easy for hunters to actually find and kill them.

I don't see what's the thrill in killing an animal for what, a trophy?

• I understand that sort of sports hunting can be due to a culture they grew up in... But still a pathetic one. Unprofoundly uneccesary killing. In a way it's sort of psychopathic trait to kill for leisure..

• I dont like people that hunt exotic animals
    And i feel like if you hunt you should use the meat or anything else youbwant to use and sell the rest to someone that will use it
    I dont like the idea of killing a buck just to stuff its head and throw the rest out

• Yeah it's not exactly fair when you have a rifle. It's like bringing a Apache gunship to a knife fight.

• hunting for food is fine and is a lot better than buying the processed meat from stores as those animals have been tortured and died slow painful deathsss.

• I think any educated person can live happy without doing it.

• I think they're horrible human beings

• We're not bad people.

• hunting for sport is not hunting. you can't hunt for prestige, thats ridiculous.

• I think they're pretty cool and beneficial to the environment and to wildlife conservation efforts.

• By hunting endangered animals?

• Yeah Zimbabwe is shithole yet game hunting doesn't just happen in Zimbabwe. Most of that 20 million is never used for conservation, they didn't even care about Cecil the Lion being shot.

• @Oram52 no, the 20 million I quoted is specifically what is used for conservation. You're either misreading what I wrote or intentionally trying to misrepresent what I wrote.
      And most governments in Africa are poor, that's why game hunting plays a significant role in conservation efforts there.

• Definitely not kool

• i don't care for them

• Agreed. Lets see how they feel.
    I hunt & fish at my local market. I'm guaranteed to catch exactly what I want.

• Liberals.

• So long as the animal isn't endangered I don't see why not. I've hunted ducks before and once I met a girl who had a problem with it, just roll your eyes and move along.

What Girls Said 8

• There is no explaining killing an animal you have no intention of eating and using its full body for nourishment unless perhaps its in self defense. You do not see any other animal killing anything "for fun/sport." They kill because they are hungry and need to eat.

• They're horrible people and should be hunted themselves and see how they like it.

• Agree with your viewpoint.

• A complete waste of life in my opinion. If you aren't going to utilize the animal for some type of legal benefit, like food, weapons, etc. then you're just a fucking scumbag.

• They need to be shot. If I ever see one I won't hesitate to put a bullet inside their heads.

• I hate anyone who kills animals for "fun". I think it is a tiny bit okay for food purposes, but anything else is bad. I agree with the picture! This is a reason why I hate humans.

• I agree. If you're going to kill an animal, at least respect it enough to eat it.

• As long as it's animals where there's too many, destroying properties, attacking pets or something