What do you take in consideration to say someone is intelligent?

0|0
1|6

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never found it worth trying to assess intelligence and put it on a ranking so much.

I tend to find "passion" as an easier quality to measure than intelligence. Someone who is very passionate about some subject will often have a tremendous amount of insight to offer since they are often experts in their fields.

I have a friend who is just kind of smart in a stereotypical sense, and it's often a type of genius on one hand that is accompanied by sheer stupidity on the other. He's from the Mensa program with a very high IQ, but he wants to speak about quantum physics and singularity theory at a beer and pizza party, often only to end up sitting in a corner. There his academic intelligence is so high but his social intelligence is close to zero.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• social awareness, how knowledgeable they are, reasoning skills, application of knowledge to real world situations etc

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Their ability do think logically.
    Their comprehension of science and, in particular, the scientific method.
    Their mathematical ability - in particular, calculus, differential equations and understanding nonlinear systems and effects. Also, the ability to comprehend statistics and the implications and red herrings.
    Their ability to anticipate problems or make predictions.
    Their ability to recognize cause and effect versus simple coincidence or common causes.
    Their ability to assimilate new data to come up with new information.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well personally, i define intelligence as ones ability to take the information that they've learned, and use it to produce an outcome that betters the lives of themselves and other people. So basically, intelligence for me is ones ability to actually apply knowledge they've learned. This weeds out the people who went to college and think they know stuff simply because they have a piece of paper with their name on it. So the main thing i take into consideration are the things individuals have managed to accomplish with the knowledge they've actually learned.

0|0
    0|0
  • The way said person analyzes subjects below the superficial levels, cross analysis of various subjects to find similarities and differences, inferences to WHY and HOW things happen

0|0
    0|0
  • Any individual who dresses oneself in the timeless and refined fedora and trench-coat combination is undoubtedly, truly and marvellously blessed with a high IQ. Furthermore, he is rationally enlightened with vast quantities of human knowledge and above all, most dashingly handsome.

*tips science*

0|0
    0|0
  • When they are able to keep a conversation going, they're ethical and logical and serious about topics I debate about and the things I like and like to do. Also, loyalty and honesty plays a role too.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!