When are your countries' Independence Days?

Everyone's talking about the 4th of July because... well America Fuck Yeah nuff said. But besides that and September 16th for Mexico, I don't know any Independence Days. If your country doesn't have an Independence Day, when was it founded or created or whatever?

Most Helpful Girl

• November 11th :D from portugal

• Them damn Portugese lol at it again

• lmaooo what game is tht? next time infect namibia instead :'(

• Plague Inc.

I also go for Greenland

Most Helpful Guy

• Its 19 May here in Turkey. During Ottoman Empire period we lost WW1 with Axis powers, so Allied powers forced Germany, Turkey and Austria-Hungary to sign treaties. So we signed Sevres Treaty, due to that treaty Turkey was going to be part of ; UK, France, Italy, Greece, Armenia and there would be also Kurdish country in our borders.

However Mustafa Kemal Ataturk ( one of the best commander in Turkish history and founder of Turkish Republic ) fought against all of these countries you see and kicked them out of Anatolia in few years. So we got our independence.

What Girls Said 16

• 5|1
  • We don't have one really. We conquered a significant chunk of the world then receded as times changed, never had to declare independence from anything. Unless you listen to nigel farage in which case June 23 is our independence day.

• Our equivalent is Waitangi Day? @AppleFan1 ? And it's on February 6th

• My country is not independent; it is under a brutal military occupation, kept in perpetual terror by British-funded and Israeli-armed paramilitary death squads. The partition is celebrated by its ascendant inheritors on the 12th of July.

• Jeezus

My uneducated self will now ask: What country is that?

• I thought northern Ireland had gotten better

• @Waffles731 I mean it is better! a lot better. but, still hell

• 1st of December for Romania and 15th of March for Hungary.
    You gotta celebrate both when you have double nationality. 😂

• Party hard till u go blinding drunk

From what country? I'm gonna guess Russia real quick

• No, it's Serbia, duh! That's the place where vodka was created first!

• Well for Norway it's 17th of may, it's a big deal there. I can't even remember my own countries day, and I don't really care, it's not a big deal here.

• Today!!! July 1st. Canada DAY BITCHES.

images4.fanpop.com/.../...les-22183516-300-169.gif

• The 4th.

• 26 May - Georgia
    It's a big day for us.

• In Jamaica it's the 6th of August.

• I think it's 21st February

• 14 July 1789. It's the most celebrated here, the Revolution.

• tbh I don't know it isn't a big deal here

• Usually its independence from us!

I guess last Thursday.

• I guess waitangi day is the closest we have that I can think of. Not really independence but a treaty that was signed between Maori and the British crown as a settlement agreement. We celebrate it on the 6th of February and if it falls on a Saturday or Sunday then Monday is also considered a holiday, (schools, most stores and business close for at least half the day)

• Dude omg and I always thought that Mexico's independence day was May 5th 😰🙈

• Lmao that was a battle between this badass Mexican General Ignacio something and he used 2000 poorly equipped and poorly trained Mexicans to beat the shit out of the 6000 strong French, which were said to be the number one military at the time.

It actually sorta saved the Union in the Civil War

What Guys Said 8

• July 21st

• Which country would that be?

• Caesar's 'De Bello Gallico' was the first book I had to translate from Latin. (I was 13 then)

• Which one 😂😂😂 Egypt was occupied by many many countries the last was Britain now it got what it deserved 😂😂 but when we got our independence from Britain it was on 25th June

• 15th August
    Independence Day in India

• Fuarkkkk yea! Muricaaaaaaaaaa! Lihht em up and build thatwall! Build that wall!

• the fourth

• 23rd June 2016 it seems! lol

• 5th of July

• 10 .1 we have a seven-day's holiday because of celebration for the independence

• Damn I wish we partied that hard

China's Independence from who? The Mongolians, perhaps?

• i come here just for fun , so do not force me to quarrel with anyone !!! you are a just snotty little brat for me