Is it wrong to Spank your Horse to make it go faster?

The things I think of while replaying Zelda Ocarina of Time :P

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• There has been a debate about this in horse racing over the years and there are several theories including that the horse doesn't really feel it - I think the consensus is once you don't overdo it and turn it into a whipping or push a tired horse too far. I have also read that sometimes the action is enough, you often see jockeys keep the whip in the eyeline of a horse without using it - I think the current rules are a jockey can only use whip once so many strides and if they overdo it, they get a two day ban.

What Girls Said 13

• No, you don't beat the horse with a crop, but tap it on the shoulder or on the stomach behind the riders leg. Horse skin is much thicker than ours so it does not cause injury, it's more a reminder to the horse to pay attention to your directions. Spurs (the prongs on the back of boots) and crops can be used abusively, but correct use causes no real pain and no lasting damage.

• I don't exactly like the idea of it but the riders know more about the horse than I do and they say it doesn't hurt them.

• Because they're idiots who doesn't want to accept the fact that they're abusing an animal for sports.

• I know of riders having these sticks (forget they're name) that they would use to make the horse go faster.

Plus with link I don't see him being able to hit Epona hard at all.

• Yea. Your horse should love you enough, if you've treated it right, to go as fast as you need.

• Nah, hitting a horse on the rump with a crop isn't painful at all, not if you do it right. If you hurt the horse, then you shouldn't be using a crop. It's a tool to tell it to go faster but it's supposed to only be a light tap.

• I wouldn't know to be honest toto. I wouldn't think it's an issue

• No.. never πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• no
    you re not doing it to hurt it
    just enough to make it understand

• Yes It is kind of wrong :/

• Yes, in real life it's very wrong. You don't beat your dog either.

• Hahaha Link, The Caring

• I ride horses and you dont really *spank* a horse. You use a little crop and tap them behind your calf. If the horse is stubborn, you go side to side or squeeze your legs around them and try again

• I came here to tell you horses don't care about your flimsy slap but it's about a game πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­

What Guys Said 10

• If you're already employing an animal for such labour then why bother asking if you can discipline/ make it do it's job?

• Yes but it's better than those barbaric boots with the metal thingy.

• Spurs? The kind you are probably thinking of are Western spurs, they look like a gear cog from hell? Ugh I hate those ones, I ride English so our spurs are just metal numbs no bigger that a pencil eraser. Western ones are almost cruel

• @ugh-why Yeah spurs. I couldn't think of the name thanks.

• I don't think so at all (although I'm not a horse-rider)

• It actually damages the horse psycologically, i actually don't approve of whipping in racing to make the horse go faster (even though they don't actually whip them they still associate the sound with needing to go faster)

• Yes it is. It's abuse

• A horse is like 1500 lbs of pure muscle, a prey animal and naturally lives on a plain with tons of flies NAMED AFTER HORSES so I mean I'm not sure it would even notice if you didn't.

• Well you dont spank it that hard , no its not wrong

• Don't most guys just stick to spanking their monkeys?

• No it's not.

• Lol I don't think so