Do you sometimes get asked questions which are so dumb that you want to go all sarcastic but don't do it because you will offend the asker?

I'm talking mostly about real life, but GaG experience is good too. 😛

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 20

• Yes, but I do go all sarcastic on them.
    Face the consequences of your stupidity.

• Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit they say..

• ... lol , you should read his books sometime..

• @takumii I haven't read his books, but like I said, being a good writer doesn't mean he was good with people.

• Lol! Offend the asker? If they didn't want a snarky answer, they should've asked a non stupid question or not asked the question to begin with. Don't get mad for me voicing my opinion

#Nobandaidsforfeelings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBXe-XerqRI

• You feel me!
      But according to my mother a question like "Can you make a sandwich?" is not stupid...

• Hey, some might not be able to make a sammich, but I can make some mean popcorn and can put Stouffer's pizza in the oven like a champ 😎

Try typing in "eastern Europe meme". I bet it'll come up 🙂

• No probs, you can bring that too on trips. 😂

That never works in my favour. 😪
      Whenever I search something in that way it finds everything, but not what I was looking for. 😂
      #badluckbri

• Sometimes I do walk that narrow road between thinking the asker is just absurdly stupid, or trolling too much.

• No, on here if I feel the need to post an answer that is sarcastic, then I'll do it. I see no reason why not do it, because why would I care if I offended them? As for in real life, in civil life maybe not as much, but I still do it when not at a formal event or something similar. When at work I usually use sarcasm only with people I'm familiar with.

• ME? No way, never... :-P

Fuck the asker, lol. Ask a stupid question, I will reply in a smartass fashion, it's my nature.

Asker: "Your trucks dirty af bro, did you go muddin?"

Me: "Nope, was driving behind a prius, honked and scared the shit out of it."

I'm THAT guy.

• This post triggered me OP

• only... way too often and in that case I don't hold back

irl... sometimes, but depending on the person I still make a sarcastic comment

• You're a good kid, I make these comments to everyone. 😂
      Gotta talk shit, suffer for it. 😛

• tbh., I'm sitting on my bed with my notebook... don't know why I wrote only instead of online 😂😂😂

• Spiritual creatures are controling you! 😱😂

• I'm always sarcastic.

• Offending op is one thing I am great at. Biscuitop.

• I pretty much always answer stupid questions sarcastically, unless it's a little kid

• I do it... cause at the end of the day I am having fun and he/she too is

• yes but i do it anyway.

• I just get sarcastic and don't worry about offending the asker. If it's stupid, I will be sarcastic.

• noooo i always make fun of the most serious question : D
    they may hate me for it lool

• If you do this at attention seeking HDIL questions, then maybe they don't hate you because you give them attention. 😂

• I think that is what happens : D

• I do that and then get blocked by butthurt

• Yeah I wasted 5 mins reading this mytake about how no one pays attention to men

• No I am too nice but you know that lol

• Yes like this question, sorry asker but it sucks

• I thought people did not care about offending people here. LOL :P

• I personally don't either, but maybe some, who knows? 😂

• Whenever my mom asks me a dumb question I go in sarcastic mode and she gives me sh*t as why am I so rude towards her. *rolling eyes*

• I am more likely to be like how you are to people if say a woman says a super sexist or misandrist thing about men or if she people insult me for no good reason or if they are rude.

• nopeeee

What Girls Said 12

• I do not try and point fingers, @BiscuitesSwag, and Every Question with Diplomacy.
    Of course, there have been Times in which I cannot Resist to Say Something and Then... I go Anon.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• my humour is pretty sarcastic at times so i tend to do this, but i do it in a way that doesn't hurt anyone because well, we dont want that.

• I *ALMOST* just did this on a question... However, with a little self control, I was able to restrain myself. :)

Have I done it before? Numerous times. It's all I can do to keep myself semi-sane. XD

• yeah maybe.

• I like posing questions, and some are smart, some aren't. It's best to ask a dumb question, learn the answer and become smarter than remain dumb.

• I agree in that sense, but for instance, yesterday my mother asked me if I am able to make a sandwich... I'm talking about those type of questions. 😅

• yeaaah... but the person that mainly give me them it's someone I really like and care about ( not a guy! it's girl and she's something like a close friend I could discuss that but anyway...) ... so I can't help it and sometimes answer with sarcasm but than I joke about it cause I feel bad XD eeeeeh!

• I normally have no words for that kind of question and just facepalm.

• I feel you, but my mother always asks me questions like that and I have to be nice to her because otherwise she will go all like "what have we done wrong to you that you talk so nasty to us?". 😐

• Of course :) temper it with smiles and usually they won't even see the sarcasm

• Yes frequently.

• (laughing)
    Off line = DAILY x 1000000000000

• I do so all the time but I try my best to hold back.

• A shaking of the head, i usually try to still maintain some good character when answering, it's far too easy to throw sarcasm and/or be mean, because you can't argue with or fix stupid, so i just answer, on the flip side what is a stupid question to one person is a perfectly good question to someone else, all about perception.