How do you feel about guys/girls who do combat sports/martial arts?

Are you worried they might be abusive or just too violent in other ways?

Or do you like it if your partner can defend themselves and possibly you?

Most Helpful Girl

• TOTAL ADMIRATION + AWE x 1000000000000 :)

Most Helpful Guy

• For women, I think I'd like it provided that they have the mental and emotional discipline to save it for truly bad situations and the ring (if applicable).

That kind of tougher mental resolve, provided it accompanies their training, can make them individuals capable of avoiding conflicts and deescalating situations. So they might be able to kick my ass but if they are as mentally and emotionally strong as they are physically strong, there would be few reasons to ever get to that point.

What Girls Said 1

• I know a couple of guys who do martial arts, they are the calmest dudes I ever met.

What Guys Said 23

• I'm a martial artist. I'm very happy that I know it because it makes me feel more confident and secure. I'm not afraid of being attacked because I know how to defend myself in all kinds of situations. If a friend or partner were to know martial arts too then that's great. Practice together so we don't forget the moves. It's a great workout. More fun than lifting weights or running.

• That's really cool. I know a girl who can fight is kinda dangerous considering they're so emotional lol but since I doubt I'll find a girl (for dating) who could hurt me much I would probably think of it as one of the things I like about her.

Plus it's something to do together.

• Martial artists are generally some of the most disciplined and controlled people you'll ever meet.

• I would find such women sexy and really attractive!

• What kind of weakling would think that doing combat sports or martial arts would make someone abusive or violent?

If anything, those of us that know how to destroy a human body are LESS likely to be violent. We've nothing to prove to anyone, and we've learned discipline and self-control.

• Everyone seems to do MMA today they buy tapout shirts and think they are fighters. Doesn't hold as much value these days.

• Yeah most of those guys took the beginners course and act like they can beat up anyone.

• They will murder us all, we need to ban martial arts and things like mma is horrendous, we need to put those people in jail

• I've been a martial artist for 10+ years and I've never been violent or gone out of my way to hurt people. One of my friends is a cage fighter, and the same applies to him.

• I do it. I'm a black belt in taekwondo and trained in Brazilian jiu jitsu and wrestling.

I think that they're a lot better than those stupid ball sport jocks like Tom Brady, since they actually know how to fight and not throw some stupid ball around.

• I like it get off of the computer and make something of yourself

• With great power comes great responsibility.
    ... Real talk, I'm such a whimp anyone could beat me up martial arts or not.

• I do MMA and I am already military trained , if someone bothers me I don't even Hury him because I know what I can do to him , I just use it literally to defend myself

• Dedication to martial arts is remarkable. Abusive behaviour is the last thing I would expect from such a person.
    I'm generally not sure about what women think of it, I don't advertise that I served in espionage and practice Tai Chi.

• I like the idea we can be partners in crime and if we travel and people mess with us we can mess them up lol It would be cool and we could actually wrestle not no foreplay cuddle type sheit lol

• I love it if a girl does martial arts. Combative sport I'm not so keen.

It is important for a girl to look after herself but while most martial arts teach much more than aggression if at all. The combative sports seen to be based on that.

• Lol fucking goons.

But seriously I really don't care.

• i find that pretty hot. Tbh, any girl who exercises increases in hotness in my books

• Cool. Everyone needs a hobby.

• its a good thing.

• I mean i used to do martial arts and im not a violent person , so id say no

• More people should try it!

• people have hobbies, man. who cares.

• In a normal person/friend, I'd find it an admirable trait.
    In a stranger, I might find it slightly intimidating.
    In a potential date, I think I'd find it attractive.