Do you enjoy shooting guns?

Target shooting, range, hunting. Whatever it is, I love shooting guns. It's kinda like playing darts, except you can hit things way farther away. Do you like shooting guns for fun?

• Love shooting, it's fun.
  • Not really for me.
  • Guns are evil.
  • I have a gun, but only for protection.

Most Helpful Guy

• I love it. Going out in the boonies with an AR-15 on a Friday afternoon with some cans is a fun time!

Most Helpful Girl

• hand guns = yes.
    rifles = no = I hate the kick back and can't handle them properly.

• Have you tried a 223 or a 556? They kick less than a 9mm.

• @SomeGuy37 Wow... why did you father even listen to your mother, re his gun collection?
      That must have broke his heart.

I just googled the L1a1... very nice.

• She was totally afraid that me, or my brother might somehow get into a locked cabinet, with the ammunition stored in another room, and somehow hurt ourselves. She's a little 'nuts' that way!!
      I'm still trying to rebuild his collection (he passed several years ago).
      In the states, we can only have semi-auto versions of the military rifles, but why would I need anything 'automatic' like 'military'? Just idiots and paranoid fools want those!!
      Learn to shoot, accurately, and a rifleman on a bolt-rifle can do a lot more damage than an untrained idiot on an AK!!
      I've seen some Cowboy Shoots, and those guns can shoot single-actions faster that I can shoot my semi-auto, and more accurately!!

What Guys Said 32

• Well, you're makin' it hard on me. So, love shooting, it's fun; guns are evil; and I have a gun, but only for protection. Even though most often, legal firearms are used for intimidation rather than protection, and 80%+ of mass shootings have been with a legal weapon and probably a bunch of other ultimately guns-are-bad shit. But, I have a XDm 9mm 5.25, just because I'm too stubborn and prideful. I don't want to be killed by anyone else.

Even though I do think guns are evil. And that in a dangerous environment with a threat on the loose, more bullets in the air means more dead innocents, not a faster resolved situation. I haven't shot it in a good while. I probably should, my ammo is probably getting old. It's been at least a year or two.

I almost killed my uncle once, when I was 15. He was shooting at turtles in the creek, (and not planning to eat them, which I disliked. My granddad told me from the start, when I was shooting a BB gun at 8 to only aim the gun at something you plan to eat) out in the country, and he let me fire a few shots in the creek. So, 4th shot, the gun jammed, got a hang fire--I think it was a hang fire, might have been a different malfunction, that was a long time ago; so, I turn to look at my uncle like "what do I do?", with the gun, then it discharges right next to his face. -.-;; He was using really old ammo. If I would have swerved just a couple inches more, I would have ended up shooting my uncle in the face...

• I very much enjoy target shooting, I have fired a pretty wide variety of firearms, from pistols, to rifles and when I was in the service I got to fire some full auto machine guns which also included a MK 19 fully auto grenade launcher, which was fun. I am also into archery as well and I own a few bows. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time or money to do any of these activities as much as I would like. As you well know target shooting even with a.22 can get expensive rather quickly which is frustrating, granted of all the firearms available the.22 is the cheapest but it seems to me that it is getting harder and harder to find ammo for the.22LR. At any rate I do enjoy it quite a bit and hope I can find both the time and money to do this a little more in the future. :)

• It is the VERY BEST REASON to own guns!! It is SOOOOOOO relaxing to just spend a few hours, shooting targets (Round, Black Circles, not images of PEOPLE!!!) It takes a lot more skill than most imagine: Breath control, steady hands, eye dominance issues, depending on the sight types!!
    I wish I could shoot at longer ranges, but most are members-only clubs, with LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG lists!!
    I shoot a mix of handguns and rifles.
    What do you shoot? Where, about, are you? U. S? Other country?

• in the United states. I mostly shoot my rifle and now I'm training to use hand guns.

• I LOVE when women learn to shoot, and like it. Not so sure, myself, about concealed carry permits. Your opinion?

• I have one.

• I started shooting since I was 12, started as one of my sports at the SISC used in the 2000 Olympics. A little 50m range back then but now I've gone over to Fullbore (long-distance) shooting which is about 300m+ depending where we shoot. I thought it was gonna be boring as hell back then but now I see how fun it can actually be!

• What kind of firearms do you like to target practice with? Pistols? Shotguns? Rifles? Something else? What about Archery or Crossbows? You ever tried those before?

• I'm a pretty good shot with a rifle, Just now training with hand guns, and I wanna try archery next.

• That's awesome! What kind of rifle btw? Hunting rifle with a scope? Or some other kind of rifle?

• I don't like using scopes. Just a mini 14 I got from my dad. I much prefer iron sights.

• I have shot rifles before, but don't really get the hype. I know how to use it if it came down to it and am a pretty good shot.

Do want or need a gun... not really that interested.

I am a great shot with compound bow and I am pretty good with the throwing knives.

• The smallest caliber I shot was a.177 air pistol.
    The biggest a 155mm self propelled howitzer.
    and many in between those.
    One gets used to it. No thrill anymore.

• I love to shoot. Pistol, rifle, shotgun. Rifles are my favorite and what I'm best with, but I'm working on getting better with a pistol. I'm good, but not nearly as good as with a rifle.

I wanted to go shooting today but I didn't wake up until after 1100. Looks like my new 10mm gets to wait ANOTHER week.

I reload too. I've been trying to find the load that my M14 likes the best, so I can stretch it out to 500-800 meters, and then get some steel targets that will stand up to rifle fire.

• I've been to the shooting range and played with a few guns before.

It's so terribly disappointing. I mean, what's the point? Little click here and you put a hole in a clay pigeon or a piece of paper or a watermelon.

I'd rather a nerf gun anyday.

• I'd like to learn how to shoot decently just for the hell of it, but I don't really have much interest in owning a gun. It just doesn't seem that valuable for protection to me unless you're carrying it around loaded 24/7 but who does that?

Should I try shooting just to practice though? Can you rent guns to shoot from shooting ranges? I've never tried it lol.

• A lot of responsible people carry a loaded firearm on them most of the time.

Some gun ranges allow you to rent a gun, some don't.

• @SomeGuy37 Yeah that sounds like fun to see what various classics can do. Would you say you can be accurate with most guns labelled as crap if you have enough skill?

• I have only had access to ranges of about 100 yards, but I popped a quarter with an M1 Garand, at that range, using just iron sights. I have several Mosin-Nagants, and they shoot really well. A little 'rough' around the edges, but I know how to shoot, and sometimes adjust, or file, fixed sites. Other times, you just learn to compensate for windage, and drop, instinctively.
      For handguns, it is the same. Look at the bullet drop tables, and judge the distance, and estimate your point of aim.
      There is A LOT more SKILL in accurately shooting, than most know.

• Two rifles, it's fun. Most people here hunt, only been out hunting once. By hunting I mean " 12 hours of hiking up three mountains and only seeing a squirrel" haha. Great views though.

• I've been a marksman since I was little, first starting with archery. Guns are fun to shoot, but they are NOT toys.

• Yes and no. I certainly wouldn't like it if I had to use it on a fellow human. But for food, I'd enjoy it yes.

• No experience with guns.
    I've used a toy gun and it was pretty solid.

Also guns are evil fuck that life.

• You should go a step further, get a concealed carry permit, and go to an IPDA match (google it).

• I've gone to the range. It's fun!

• Yep. I go to the range often

• I'm a competition shooter and own a selection of firearms

• sometimes

• I'm a huge fan of shooting. I don't go as often as I would like.

• Guns are evil

• I love shooting. It's fun and relaxing for me

• here in the uk we dont really have guns but our cars do more than 100 mph and go round corners so...

• This poll is encouraging.

• Not really for me. I don't like guns that much. I prefer using computers instead.

• I like shooting but I dont go regularly. Its pricey!
    It is a great first date though

• It sound like a.22 LR is up your alley. Cheap, cheap ammo, nice small caliber for newbies, for plinking, or for varmints.

• @SomeGuy37 Gotta love how that works. Seems like gas and gold are the only things that ever get cheaper.

• @SwoopingHawk I know, right? It's messing up my dating life, because I like to take her shooting, and she's afraid of anything more than 9mm!! Kind of moot, now, as she got a job and moved away. Kind of want to go shoot some 'Big Boy' guns, to 'vent' a bit. Maybe tomorrow!!

• In video games, yes.

• I fired a Crossbow at the Royal Armouries Museum. Not a pleasant experience.

• I love shooting guns, my favorites are automatic. Unfortunately I only shot them once. :(

• What did you get to shoot, and where in the US are you?

• @SomeGuy37 I shot a M16 and a MP5. I shoot them in Pennsylvania.

• MP5 just ROCK!! They shoot, right where you point them, and don't go all crazy, like M16/M4s!! My favorite is the MP5, followed closely by the M1 Thompson, WWII style. A little more tricky to keep on target, but the.45 has a lot of knock-down power!! Definitely worth learning to shoot well!!

• Only when I'm shooting people.

• More from Guys
    2

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 14

• Doesn't really float my goat to use real guns, but I like archery and shooting games (like knocking over 'ducks' and a target)

• I've always wanted to shoot a gun but have never been or got the chance. My friend used go say it was the most relaxing thing to do lol.

• It is actually, lots of concentration for long range.

• a 380-700kg moose, no one guy is dragging that out haha.

• @posted haha true. Not possible.

• It's fun to know how good you are. But the kickbacks for some of them are just too damn strong.

• Not really for me

• Great stress reliever. Also a fun way to meet people who share the same hobby.

• I've never tried, but I've always wanted to. I want a gun for protection, and to be well practiced at shooting.

• Love love love my guns! 😊

• I prefer throwing knives.

• Kinda.

• I don't know, I've never tried.

• I don't like guns, but I have started taking up archery.

• YESS!!! Well, when I can.

• no i hate it

• Not really. I have one purely for protection.