Why does the UK hate the EU so much?

Hi. Im German and Im very scared for the future of the EU
Why did the UK leave the EU and why do Brits hate the EU so much?
I think it's great to be apart of :( America should join it now

I don't know why so many people in the UK hate the EU and voted leave...
I heard they absolutely hate the EU and Angela Merkel over there. With our election coming up, I'm scared if we leave the eu and it gets ruined

The Brits are smart people. They know how bad the EU has ruined their country, and yes, the EU is a failed project that should have ended years ago. Great Britain is now free, they will be perfectly fine, and yeah the EU won't be here for long. God bless the Brits!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Like it was said before, the eu was a conglomerate of countries in the continent who formed a commitee to sit down and talk about things and come to agreements for the benefit of everybody living there. The european council started sneaking in legislation that threatened the member states sovereignty. Next year britain would have had to adopt the euro and lose control of its armed forces which is in direct contradiction to nato. The european council are unelected halfwits blinded by greed and power. American corporation were paying fortunes for them to ratify ttip. That boot merkel tried to push it through. It would have given the yanks carte blanche to the european markets from food to domestic aplliances. This is a country who have proved time and again profit is paramount over even human safety. It was a deal with the devil and they were trying to force it on us. The private world of bankers is full of slimy people who should be in jail but unfortunately out political. system is so corrupt and our officials sk greedy these bastards are sitting at influential desks worldwide. The eu is saturated in them. America is too. Congress, the economy, the administration.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 24

• Holly shit, this probably the worst trolling attempt I've ever seen xD

• i0.kym-cdn.com/.../6fe.jpg

It's likely that the EU will end up as France X Germany. Are you ready for some fritz on French action?

cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...5-8c96-3084de77c375.gif

• There was a number of social things going on in the background. In the Tory (Conservative) party there was always the Eurosceptic wing who tend to be older and hark back to the day when Britain was the head of a great empire. They also have a distrust of Europe and the liberal bureaucracy. Add to that frustration in the working glass with globalisation and an economic downturn which is inflamed by growing immigration when the immigrants are perceived to take jobs and put pressure on state services. Some also feared that a influx of Muslim immigrants would have cultural and security/terrorist implications.
    Whether or not these arguments are 100% based in reality or not is a different debate but that was the "LEAVE" argument in a nutshell.

• First off, the UK hasn't left the UK. They just voted to leave.
    Second off, people in all EU countries hate the EU.
    It is a corrupt marxist super system that doesn't care at all about the interests of our people.
    Can you please tell me whats so great about it? Is it great to be born and raised into economic slavery and work and pay taxes to fund your own extermination?
    Is it great that politicians which never had the chance to vote into power can tell you what you can or can't do?

And yes I see what you're doing here.

• - They're still butthurt over losing their empire and don't want to share power with Germany and France

- their politicians blame everything on the EU, it's a bit like Americans do with their federal government ("Washington"): different Brits hate the EU for completely opposite reasons, if they were just as critical of their own government there would be daily riots against parliament and the prime minister

- there is a lot of misinformation about the EU in Britain, usually pushed by tabloids and politicians, and usually to cover up impopular policies and mistakes made by British politicians themselves

- the Brits have always had a shaky relationship with the EU and continental Europe in general

- the Scots, Northern Irish and younger generations of English don't hate the EU and they voted "remain", it's mostly English and Welsh over the age of 40 who hate the EU and there were enough of them to tip the scales in favor of the "leave" camp.

• First of all. Britons are strange people. They don't mind about non Europe immigrants on benefits.
    But they don't like immigrants from Eastern and central Europe because we "stealing" their jobs.
    Big part of referendum result is because big part of voting people was less educated.
    Another reason, only 36% of young people attended referendum. People with higher education i didn't attend because no one expect this result and they thought it will be OK.
    Another reason is connected to less educated people. In the very first moment they didn't get all consequences of their decision. Now they are surprised and want to change it back. But there's no back.

• If young people didn't vote they obviously didn't care enough so I have no sympathy.

• Scotland Ireland and London Voted to stay.

Everywhere else voted to leave... EVERYWHERE. The only people moaning is Londoners and Scots.

This is why the people voted to leave. People in London thought they are the country. While the people outside London had it. They had enough. Westminister didn't see this coz they never see outside london.

If remain had won by a small majority the leave people would just say its a democratic system you have to respect it blah blah blah.

• We don't all I think voting to leave was mostly down to strong Immigration fears at the time.
    Me and my whole family voted to stay in we feared that it would negatively affect trade to leave and that the pound would fall as a result.
    I wish id known it would fall this fast though.

• 0|1
  • America should join it XD

We've got NAFTA and NATO and that's all we need

• Lots of people seem to be confused about this. We left the EU. We didn't leave Europe. We didn't break all ties and run away because we didn't like the other countries within the EU. We left because the system is faulty and DOES NOT benifit the average, working class citizen that makes up the large majority of the UK.

We don't hate the countries, just the system.

• Keeping in mind that the people that voted for it were old geezers and nationalists, I blame Charles de Gaulle for pooping on our faces after we won his war for him.

• He shat on both of us and then the bastards got us Americans into vietnam then left us holding the bill

• "I think it's great to be apart of America should join it now"

i lol'd

hard

• Hahahaha
      And then Africa and Asia should join it too.
      Maybe we should just change our planet's name from Earth to EU, so that everyone can be part of the EU and nobody feels left out :)

• Teen wolf. That name alone makes me cringe. We do, we really do haha. I think it's like this everywhere in Europe tho. Everything that has to do with pop culture is heavily influenced by America, but I'm fine with it since they have a rich selection of these things, while Italy, being such a smaller country, doesn't. Anyway, I haven't watched it :O is it good?

• @BarbaraP ah gotcha. Unfortunately you guys probably have access to all of my then... America's worst export. That's where crap like Jersey shore came from :( as for the hills, it's an old show about these rich girls living the high life in some rich area in the USA, I forget. I'm just trying to figure out what other old shows we've both seen :D how about reboot, fresh prince of Bel air, dragon ball z?

• Because the EU invited the UK to a party, got it drunk and sent it's naked pictures to everyone in Sweden

• You contradict yourself. We don't hate the EU. The leave vote won by a small majority and if more of them 18-24 could have been bothered to vote it would have been different. Several leave voters are now regretting their vote.

• Sorry I forgot the I hate germany and the EU meeting :P

No quite a lot of us wanted to stay in the EU

i mean i personally wanted to stay but im not gonna huff whine and moan about it since this is a democratic system :)

• Because the EU are taking away our rights and is involved in child trafficking.

• I want to guess "Rangers lead the way" But of course that doesn't make sense, it's the UK. So, SAS leads the way. Or fuzzy helmets lead the way. Whatever.

• lol u dumb asffff

• The UK is a utopia for the elite. It was always going to happen.

• Im from London. WE DONT HATE, the EU. We hate having to follow Brussels protocol, we want independence over our country.
    Also, look at David Cameron, he resigned because he wanted to stay in the EU.

• Firstly, technically the UK or as it will soon be known as Britain, has not left the EU yet. This depends on Article 50 which needs to be activated and after this Britain will be in the EU for two years while the two parties negotiate.

Second, actually not most of the people want to leave and for this reason the country is divided between those who wanted to stay and those who want to go.

The referendum also appeared to be part of a more sinister plot. Plus all of the parties involved have a problem. We have no leader, the main guy pressing for us to leave has quit and the opposition party has resorted to internal fighting.

• If you need a leader we can send you Trump!!!

• Please keep him, we have enough buffoons.

• Basically the eu is a socialist state with old fashioned views. It serves no one except the civil servents who work for it. Its proven to have zero flexibility. Literally no one in the whole eu except business leaders like free movement of people.

• Cuz they don't like black people coming into their country.

What Girls Said 7

• If you are German, you don't have reasons to be worried. You guys have everything in your country. Germans are rich!
    And I don't understand if you're being sarcastic or not in your update.

• I'm not sure they hate it, but that they feel like they would do better outside of it.

• Germans are rich and has enough man power to sort out other problems

• 'America should join it now'
    The EU stands for 'European Union' hun... America isn't a part of Europe :/

• As a Brit I can only say sorry. I voted to remain. All the racists have come crawling out of the woodwork. I fear for the EU too.

• The vote was extremely close, with some regretting their decision later. We do not hate the EU. I'm lucky, I was born in the UK but I'm a German citizen through my parents, so I can retain my EU rights to travel freely etc, most people i know are jealous haha, and there are lots of articles suddenly giving ways that some people may be able to keep EU citizenships still.

• Girl im Greek here most of the people also hate the EU especially Merkel and of course most of them want to leave it. I dont really know why and im not saying that I hate EU or Germany (well I dont really like you but I dont hate you to death also)