Why do bodybuilders think that they are better than everyone else?

Especially on this website.

0|0
13|18

Most Helpful Guy

• Most bodybuilders I know in person are surprisingly down-to-earth people with extremely mellow attitudes.

There might be an occasional one online who sounds conceited, but first that's just online and goofing around, and second I think there's a psychological effect there where we notice them a lot more.

Naturally bodybuilders have some level of vanity, looking in the mirror and admiring their body. But to them their body is like a subject, somehow detached from themselves, that they sculpt towards some idea of perfection, with a lifetime of discipline. I think because of that, we're tempted to view them as conceited people, and tend to notice the odd time when one of them happen to be and generalize quickly, when we might not think twice about all the down-to-earth and mellow ones out there.

0|2
    0|0
    • Put another way, we might have this innate nature to discriminate against bodybuilders, thinking their vanity leads to conceit. Then we confirm our suspicions the moment one behaves the way we thought, and then generalize quickly. We tend to ignore all evidence to the contrary.

Most Helpful Girl

• #generalisation672 the ones who think they're superior are those who have let their hard work get to their heads. not all are like that, and i have met some very down to earth ones, both off and on this site.

but yeah, the ones who are all cocky get no respect from me.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• I don't know about all these bodybuilders OP. They seem like douchebags. I'm a buddybuilder.

5|3
    0|0
  • Probably because they've done something to actively better their life/appearence, and now they believe that makes them more valuable as people. Sadly for them, however, this behavior means the complete opposite.

0|0
    0|0
  • They adore their body.

0|0
    0|0
  • What makes this statement any less ignorant and discriminatory than “why do LGBTQ think they're better than everyone else?"

0|1
    0|0
    • bro dont get too butthurt, going 2 weeks to gym doesn't make u bodybuilder

• Show All
    • @Polocrew good thing I got a good little busy like you looking out huh?

• Because girls like you validate such behavior by bitching yet still obsessing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most Bodybuilders I know are humble af. Most people online are kidding.

Like this fgt over here @polocrew , who acts all tough but makes me call him polocrew-sama when we are alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • j

just better than fat girls

1|3
    1|0
  • LOL.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not cool to generalize, ma'am.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're super brolic bro 💪🏾

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think they act that way

0|0
    0|0
  • It's their online persona...

A lot of gym rats are actually pretty chill

0|0
    0|0
  • Egos lol I find them annoying. I just ignore them

0|0
    0|0
  • lol did polocrew piss in your cheerios

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like someone was rejected by a bodybuilder and is bitter.

0|1
    0|0
  • Bodybuilders are just weaklings with muscle mass. They have no power in battle.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bullied as a child

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• BB is a kind of narcism. But it also requires a strong character to deal with the heavy training and special nutrition requirements (at least if you want to be a clean bb). Combine those 2, narcism and spartan way of life and you get that result. You see the same with a lot of top sport people.

0|0
    0|0
    • Narcism? Does that have something to do with narcotics investigation?

Maybe you meant "narcissism"?

4 seconds with Google would have saved you from looking like you were using big words that you don't understand.

• @Barrabus_the_Free : Thank you for your correction, but be happy that everybody on this platform tries to communicate in English even if all the words are not spelled correcly. And your reaction showed that you clearly understood what I wanted to say. But no problem if from now on, everybody writes in his native language. It would bring diversity here. :-)

• Loooool another one
    @fearless_banana

0|1
    0|0
  • MY experience OFFLINE with body builders I have actually dated
    =
    None feel a need to broadcast what others can clearly see
    &
    most have a much healthier ego than men half their size because of this

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know maybe because they are fit or something? Some of them really annoy me by the way they treat others. Eh, but I find their muscles gross and unattractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|1
    0|0
  • Haha because they are better looking like @Iron_Man lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I inh know bb in real life and they're all cool.

People on here in general are just... lol

0|1
    0|0
    • People on this site are pretty alpha. I sometimes get intimidated and tell myself I need to be more assertive and less compassionate because people take advantage of me.

• because they think they are physically superior than others lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I was attacked by one on here one time. They're so.. ugh.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they can beat us up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do you keep asking these questions? You sound very obsessed with them. It's not healthy at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • They're physically desirable. Although I admit that some of the ones I know have inflated egos.

0|1
    0|0