Are you a patriot?

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends how you define "patriot". I'm not proud of my country because I think it's idiotic to be "proud" of one's country. You can only be proud of your own achievements. I see it quite similarly to @Spiorad_Aisce. I have some sort of quiet love for my country because I think its government and institutions are doing a lot o things right. But I would never go around and claim my country to be the best in the world. That's just obnoxious. Also, while I love certain aspects of my country, I am also fairly critical towards it. I don't deny any of the bad things that it has done in the past or that it is still doing.
    And I would certainly never say stuff like "I love my country for its freedom" like some Americans do because y'know... there's about 180 other countries that also have freedom.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love my country and I was like head to toe patriot before I didn't start think about it more and more. You know in schools we were taught to be patriots, history makes us love our countries but there's always limit and we shouldn't go beyond the limit which makes us extreme patriot. When I was too patriot I was idealist nationalist but then I started thinking in a different way and now when I am more sarcastic and practical than before, I don't think that I am as patriot as I was before. And.. I think it is a good thing for me.
    Now I prefer to be cosmopolite and do something good not only for my country but for fir everyone in the world. Because you know, borders between countries are formal things, we have one place to live-Earth and and we should take care of it. Taking care of the world starts with taking care of your own country.
    I am not blind patriot and I don't think that Georgians are the best ones and so on and on. Many Georgians say that they are proud to be Georgian but how can you be proud of something when you have done nothing to achieve it.
    Most of Georgians are idealist patriots, and you know what? That's god cause if it wasn't so we would be occupied by Russia today. We are still occupied but there would never be name of country " Georgia ".
    Tho.. I am great fan of that quote which came in my mind right now and I hope it makes sense "If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country"

What Guys Said 15

• Patriotism is not a huge thing in Ireland - There is probably a quiet reservoir of love for the country but it would not be highly visible - Whether it is a good thing or not, that is another debate - I love my country but I would rarely use the word "Patriot".

• Yes, absolutely I'm a patriot. I'm proud to be an American and I love this country. I count my lucky stars that I was born in America.

• Used to be. But now that I understand society more, fuck no. If genocidal aliens landed and started eating everyone in sight, I wouldn't lift a finger to help this cuntry. I'd defend myself, my family and friends, and wherever I decided to call home, or carve out my own little kingdom, but the cuntry itself can kick rocks.

• FUCK YEAH! SUCK MY STAR SPANGLED DICK! (I know I commented this on another questions but I came up with this on my own and I'm proud of it :P )

• 0|0
  • Meh.

• No. Not a fan of the Patriots. Go Texans!

• yes but not one of those extremes ones

• Not really. I like the USA but I'm not attached to it. I am portable.

• Yes. Not in a nationalist sense though - I don't think that Czechs are any better or worse than other Europeans, but I love my country and my hometown. I can imagine living somewhere else, but I'd always feel like a foreigner.

• im by no means a patriot.

• Nope

• Nope, I'm a wizard.

• No. Can't stand patriots, it's basically the same as being a racist

What Girls Said 4

• No. I'm not for nationalist or racial pride of any kind.

• I'm pretty much the opposite because patriotism and nationalism only breeds intolerance and hostility between people.

I have more in common with people in my social class worldwide than my fellow US citizens as a whole.

I'll also take your flag and wipe my ass with it. I don't get why people are offended by it

• No I don't think I am..

• My high school mascot was a patriot

• No, I'm the exact opposite.