Like when you really think about it are you overall satisfied with yourself, even if there's things you need to work on?
Do you think you're a good person? Why or why not?
- Yes (Please Explain).58% (45)61% (39)60% (84)Vote
- No (Please Explain).42% (32)39% (25)40% (57)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
No, because I think deeply.
And if I ever said and claim that I am a "good" person then I would know that I'd be a complete liar and hypocrite and I because don't want to be either of those two, I NEVER EVER would admit that I am a "good" person. I would rather be honest with myself that I am NOT a "good" person.
I'm not satisfied with the way how everything in existence and this reality really is. I think deeply such as about being human and being a mere mortal made out of or specifically consisting of blood, flesh, and bone is something I never asked for in the first place nor would I ever had desired to become, after I eventually had became aware of what it is like to exist as such a being.
I think being or rather existing as something made out of flesh, blood, and bone really sucks and have no real advantage. No matter what we do we will still eventually die. It all seems completely futile and yet, we CAN still choose to continue to keep trying and trying to live as long as we could with whatever time we have remaining which is really not a whole lot.
All the odds are stacked against us to begin with. Well maybe for those really rather lucky exceptions that had really good amount of wealth and finances as well as in really good physical health and physical shape.
There are just way too many maintenance requirements in order to sustain a bio-organic form in order to keep on living and surviving. WAY TOO MANY Vulnerabilities.
And because "suffering" is essential to really having any sort of meaning to existence and living at least for a biological and organic existence and for this reality and existence.
Such an example of that is if I was never ever bored or never ever capable of feeling bored and since boredom is "suffering", then I would never ever really have any real actual incentive to ever actually do anything at all, and yet what ever I do eventually will become boring and repetitive anyway.1
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Girl
I'm in the middle. In some ways I like to think I'm a good person, in other ways I think I'm a bad person, for example:
Ways in which I can be good:
- I always try to help people whenever I can (give advice, give change to the homeless if I have some to spare, try to comfort people when they need it etc.)
- I try to be empathetic of others feelings
- I try to do kind gestures sometimes even if they're little (make my mum a cup of tea, write my boyfriend a love letter about what I love about both his personality and looks, buy a friend or family member a small gift like chocolate etc.)
- Be accepting and supporting of people who are different me
- Be honest but try to be sensitive towards people at the same time
- I try to work as hard as I can (unless I'm in a depressive state and lose all motivation)
- I will be as loyal as possible to my boyfriend (e. g. I don't call/hang out with or get too close to other guys, I avoid flirting and try to keep all conversations platonic and make it known I have a boyfriend. The only way any of these would change would be if my boyfriend didn't also do the same with other girls)
- I will give my boyfriend a lot of affection (mainly tons of cuddles), will not attempt to make him jealous or feel 2nd best unless he does this with me, want to look after him and try my best to do so.
- Try to keep a secret as best I can if someone asks me too. I have been really tempted before with 2 or 3 of them but have stopped myself telling anyone.
Ways in which I am bad:
- I can be passive aggressive
- I can be very irritable and short-tempered sometimes
- I'm easily jealous
- I like to get my own back on people (e. g. I try to be as loyal as possible to my boyfriend but if he doesn't tell another girl about me or I feel like he's flirting with her, I will not mention my boyfriend to a guy who is hitting on me, or if a friend is rude to me, I will be rude back).
- I can be self-pitying
- I can be attention seeking
- Sometimes lazy if I can't be bothered to do something
- Childishly sulk if I feel my boyfriend is not paying enough attention to me
- Make my boyfriend promise on my life he is telling the truth if I think he is lying
- Test my bf's loyalty
- Can be selfish sometimes
There are more for both of these lists but I don't want to run out of space in the middle of putting them all.1