Is this drawing good for a 13 yr old?

Is it bad/average/good?Is this drawing good for a 13 yr old?

Most Helpful Guy

• For a 13 year old, it is generally decent. It is average if you drew it off a reference picture, but good if you did it off the top of your head. So basically, I wouldn't call it a "wow" but I would a "better than average!" If you keep working at it, you'll definitely get better. People often think that drawing is pure talent, but a lot of it is just practice and slowly getting better.

To make it to a higher level where I would consider it a "wow," I would suggest working on two things...
    -- Details. It looks like you got your basic human shapes down. Things that could really make your drawing pop are things like some hair strands, some clothes creases, some more definition (darker lines) where the details you have drawn are.
    -- Shading. What makes a drawing great is generally shading. Otherwise, it all becomes very one noted. Like as of right now, the picture is very gray and 2d. If you shade stuff in though, it will really give it definition.

Tips for drawing. I'm just adding this as an extra blurb because I feel like it lol. Feel free to skip it if you'd like:
    -- Add a decent amount of variance in your darks and lights. It's really easy to start shading, and before you know it, everything is just shaded the same color of gray. I don't want to say overdo it... but exaggerate it a little. Make the darks actually dark and the lights actually light. Don't settle for grayness.
    -- Blend, but be careful of turning everything one noted. It is really easy to start blending (using your thumb) and turn everything into one gray mess. I suggest filling in a small space lightly, blending that, adding a darker coat on top, blending that, and adding in more dark coats as needing/blending those.
    -- Step back from your drawing every once in awhile. Like I'm talking about 10 feet or so. Things look a lot different when you are zoomed up on em all the time. It's good to take a step back, check the shading, check the proportions, and figure things out. I know it helped me a ton in art.

Well, that's all I got. If you need any help with any art stuff or whatnot, lemme know.

• Thank you so much! It really helps. I'll work on my shading and details :)

• Yep no prob, if you want me to look at any more drawings lemme know!

Most Helpful Girl

• Good

What Guys Said 16

• It's better than some art I've seen in some visual novels on Steam lately, so I guess it's decent.

• yes, and 1000x better than anything I can do

• yeH. very good.
    you could become an anime / manga artist :-D

• It's better than what I could have done but i sukced at drawing :P. I think it's about average, it's pretty simple, not a lot of detail.

• I think it's amazing!

• Yes, seeing as I can only draw stick figures.

• Thats actually a very super cool drawing

• Aahhh, the anime phase lol it's good. Not great, good

• Yeah it's nice

• better than i can do.

• I think it is very good - It shows quite a mature skill level.

• It's better than I can do

• Very nice. You're talented!

• Yeah, you should be a manga artist.

• You're way ahead of me when I was your age.

• Good great😃

What Girls Said 10

• It's okay I guess, but not as impressive as how my 13yo cousin can draw. Then again she goes to an art school.

• Okay, I appreciate you being honest!

• It's amazing for a girl your age

• It's good.

• It's good for manga.

• its so nice

• It looks really good. You've got some talent.

• Yeah it's good! Reminds me of Zero/Yuuki from vampire knight tbh

• Thanks. They're Hikari and Kei from special A! ^_^

• Badd

• Think that's about average. I used to draw things of a similar standard when I was 13

• Average...