Be honest, would you return the money or keep it?

If you found an envelope with $10k in it, would you keep the cash? Or turn it in so the owner could possibly get it back?

Be honest.

  • Turning it in
    42% (14)43% (10)43% (24)Vote
  • It's my money now!
    58% (19)57% (13)57% (32)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
For myself, I wouldn't be comfortable keeping that large of an amount. But if it was like 100 or something, I wouldn't even give it a second thought. I'd pocket it

0|0
12|13

Most Helpful Guy

  • I would be worried it was drug money or mafia money and they want it back!!! But, who do you turn it into? I think it is stupid to turn it into the police, it would be gone for ever!!! If someone legitimately lost it and it is was legitimate money, they are going to make a public appeal for it's return with some kind of reward. In that case, I would return for the reward. If not, I would keep the money and look out for any news stories about it. If nothing came up, I would just sit on that money, or hide it somewhere for about 10 years and then slowly spend it.

    2|0
    0|0
    • Why would it be gone if it's turned into the police? I thought you got to keep it if it isn't claimed in a certain amount of time?

    • Once you turn it in there will be a line up of people claiming it belongs to them. You would never see it again. I really hate to say this, but there are a lot of crooked cops out there.

    • Oh I see what you mean

Most Helpful Girl

  • I couldn't keep that much money. If it was a 20 or 50 I would probably keep it but 10k would just be too much.

    1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

  • I turn it in. I once found $84 once at a bowling alley and turned it in. I figured it could have been someones grocery money or something like that.

    there was one time when I was around 14 when I found $11 at a taco bell... I did keep that because at the time I figured no one would come back for it... now I would turn that in as well.

    2|0
    0|0
    • but to answer your question, yes I would turn in the money.

  • I'm taking it and doing a fast walk to the car and back home. I've had bad luck of losing things and not getting it returned so if there isn't a name on it it's all mine.

    1|0
    0|0
  • What you should do is look around to see what tv show is filming you.

    2|0
    0|0
  • absolutely keep it. legally you have to post it missing, and after a short amount of time you can keep it. But lets be real,.. we all have bills to pay. I guess it all comes down to if you could live with yourself and all of the crazy things your mind will come up with for what the person who lost it needed it for.

    2|0
    0|0
  • Give it back.

    2|0
    0|0
  • I would keep it. . . after I checked it for a dye bomb.

    1|0
    0|0
  • Turn it in

    2|0
    0|0
  • 10k? Fuck that that's an envelope that's serious business

    1|0
    0|0
  • turn it in and they would probably give you something

    2|0
    0|0
  • Turn it in. I believe in Karma. Lol

    2|0
    0|0
  • I'd drive straight to the bank and pay off my car payment

    1|0
    0|0
  • I'd spend it hookers.

    1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

  • I would never sleep soundly again if I took it. Returning it is just the right thing to do, and I always try to do what's right. If that were my money, I'd sure want it returned to me, so I think it's only fair that I would do the same for someone else.

    1|0
    0|0
  • I'd return it with that amount of money in it. I'd feel too guilty keeping that. If it were, like, $25... then I may just keep it, hah.

    1|0
    0|0
  • well.. if the envelope doesn't have a name on it I'll write my own lol

    2|0
    0|0
  • If I knew the person who was missing it I'd turn it in cause I'm not dirty like that. But it is unclaimed helll MF yes I'd keep it lol. If claim the shirt off of your back if you said it wasn't yours lmao😂

    1|0
    0|0
  • I'd keep it because I'm a selfish bitch.
    If I found it right now, I'd honestly feel like some guardian angel is looking over me because right now I need money more than anything. It's almost a life-or-death type of situation lol

    2|1
    0|0
  • I hate to say it, but I would keep it. I'm trying to support my family on my financial aid and student loans. With ten thousand dollars, I could pay a year's worth of rent (yes, a year), get both of my cats fixed and immunized (and buy them a year's worth of food), and get my mom the service dog she needs.
    And I would still have a grand left over.

    1|0
    0|0
  • Consider it a blessing from God and keep that shit.

    1|0
    0|0
  • Give it back. What if it's Mafia money?

    1|0
    0|0
  • Leave it there or take it to the police. I won't risk taking it for the 1% chance it fell out of the tooth fairy'a pocket when it has 99% chance of being crime money.

    1|0
    0|0
  • Vote A. I am a HUGE believer in karma + do okay financially.

    1|0
    0|0
  • I would return it to the rightful owner.

    1|0
    0|0
Loading...