Country people, do big cities freak you out?

Those who live in the country, in the boonies, does going to a big city freak you out and are intimidated by the skyscrapers? And city people do you feel comfortable in the country?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• I was living in Seattle when a friend from Montana came to visit. He totally freaked out driving in the city and insisted I drive. It was really funny because when I had visited him on the farm in Montana he had driven about 90 mph on these washboardy dirt roads and made me pretty nervous.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm suburban and I CRAVE big cities. I went to Chicago before and I felt so pumped there.

What Guys Said 11

• Very large cities freak me out. Mid-sized cities aren't too bad. In large cities I feel like a caged animal, and all I can think of is getting the hell out of there as fast as I can. If I'm traveling and need to get gas near a big city, I'll do it near the outskirts so I don't have to get off the highway in the middle of the city.

• I just don't like them. They play a big role in our modern society, but, sometimes they feel like another planet. You can't really see the mountains or forests like you should be able to, the people just don't seem quite as friendly, and so often it seems as if many city folk just don't share values or a sense of community in the same manner.

"When we live in cities like the Europeans do, we shall be corrupt as the Europeans are."-Thomas Jefferson

On the other hand, Internet that actually works and local hobby shops within 30 miles of home are always nice.

• I'm on the other side of this, I'm a big city guy living in a nowhere town of a couple thousand.

There's nothing to do, if I go anywhere it takes half an hour, and all the girls in my town are complete TRASH. I generally date the girls from the small cities around my area. But the whole state I live in is wannabe country bumpkins mixed with ghettoblaster ideology. I just want some upperclass motherfuckers to roll with in our german cars and count money with.

• They don't "freak" me out but they feel very claustrophobic and restrictive... like you can never catch a full breath.

I have a sister who lives in Toronto and I can't help but feel relieved when I go home after a visit. It's like taking off a 50lb weighted vest after having worn it for several days.

• I used to have to visit my grandparents out in the sticks most of the summers growing up and I hated every second of it. I don't mind visiting for a day or so because it can be relaxing but any longer and it becomes boring fast.

• its more along the lines of JESUS THAT MAN IS FAT and JESUS IS SHE REAL? HER FUCKING FACE LOOKS LIKE MY little SIS"S DOLL!!!

• not at all... i thrive anywhere i go haha

• I just feel really bored in the country because I'm used to the faster pace of life in big cities

• Naw, But the really big ones stank lol

• But I like me swamps, humid air, woods, gators, turtles, and palm tress.

• They don't have internet way out there anyway.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm not super country, but I grew up in a smaller town and have family out in the middle of nowhere. I find myself much more relaxed and at ease in those places than I do in the big city, where I feel more tense and on edge. I especially hate driving in a big city.
    I was born in and also grew up in a medium sized city, and I like it too. I am just a generally anxious person though and absolutely hate places where there are a lot of people. I feel like I am about to explode when I walk into Wal-Mart on a day where the parking lot is full and there are tons of people everywhere.

• The middle of no where gets boring after awhile, there's not fresh food in grocery stores (where I go) and no good places to eat :c

• Ohh I love country but hell I can't go often just for holidays. I have my own home there and they're the best days of my year