Do you think you could be tortured into accepting God/devil/evil entity?

I mean "accepting", by simply stating it. Not actually forever believing that way, due to torture.

• [Athiest] I could be tortured into stating I accept Jesus/Allah/Krishna/insert-God into my heart.
  • [Athiest] No matter how I was tortured, I would never give up on my beliefs.
  • [Thiest] I could be tortured into saying I accept the devil/evil entity into my heart
  • [Thiest] No matter how I was tortured, I would never give up on my beliefs.

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted C simply because in my religion I'm allowed to hide my religion and be blasphemous if my life is endangered.

Most Helpful Guy

• Torture can be used to make anyone say anything. That is why it is such a dumb outdated method of getting information lol

• The prisoner can't tell a fake truth to satisfy their captor if they don't know what truth their capture is after... torture is reliable and it works.

• @Sovereignty He means that the torturer is looking for a specific truth that he already has in mind, so telling the truth won't work. You two are having different ideas on what the torturer is after.

• Torture works and it breaks everyone which is why I don't understand where these guys are coming from... there is a reason we've been using torture for as long as we have and there is a reason waterboarding was removed from CIA and military training...

Because everyone fails... and militarily... it teaches learned helplessness in which soldiers learn that they can easily be broken- destroys confidence.

This crap about "false lies" and what not is Hollywood. At a certain point you're going to tell nothing but truths and the torturer is going to know the difference.

What Girls Said 9

• If i was being tortured i'd say it just to sstop them. Go right back to saying otherwise as soon as im out the room though.

• Yeah, I'd lie. Who cares what I tell a bunch of torturers? We don't want to create martyrs.

"The cycle of protest requires the destruction of experience and history, the denial of pain and failure, the sacrifice of language to an endless triumphant scream." (letters journal)

• i'll praise jesus as long as i stay unharmed but i wouldn't change my opinion internally lmfao

• Are you kidding? I would accept the devil/Allah/whatever the hell they wanted before they even touched me.

• I'd say anything not be tortured, yeah.

• I didn't vote. I was always afraid of that. I mean torture is torture... But than again I'm happy I have a forgiven aaand understanding God ! ^^ So either way I would be safe with my old man up there. ^^

• You can't torture me enough to say I accept the devil into my heart

• I would say whoever is torturing me is the devil!

• I love God boi

What Guys Said 12

• People can be tortured into saying anything. The terrorists, or innocent people that got tortured by the U. S. would just say anything to make it stop. Most of it was just random shit. They didn't get any good intel but they coud have probably made them say something against their religion.

And beeing a atheist doesn't require total allegiance or anything. If I say I accept Jesus, I haven't betrayed all atheists or anything I just said some words, doesn't mean I actually have to beieve them. I think some religious people might have more of a problem with this. But anybody who clicks on I would never give up on my beliefs is fucking deluded.

It's easy to click on a button but if these people were actually beeing tortured they'd change their minds. The things people could do are sick and you didn't even set a time limit so it could be endless torture nobody could resist that unless a person's mind is so broken they can't actually form the sentence anymore. Anyway I would just say the words and be done with it.

• You don't know the athiests I know, clearly. There are some religiously zealous athiests out there, ironically. But yeah. I agree. Torture can make pretty much anyone say anything.

• You're right I've never met and fanatical atheists, the ones I've met are reasonable people. If you look at your poll there was only 1 person who chose torture on the atheist side but WAAAAAY more on the religious side quite a big majority in fact. If you only look at the religious poll 73.333 % chose the torture option. So there still seems to be quite a big difference in zealotry don't you think? :)

• Well, yeah. But I didn't say there wasn't.

• I'm an Atheist and I accept Jesus/Allah/Krishna/insert-God into my heart for all of eternity and promise never to falter from the one and only truth.

You didn't even have to torture me to say it... they're just words.

• I would just fuckin lie.

• dude i would claim that i believe way before i get tortured xD

• Hell yeah I'd give that info up easily.

• I wouldn't even have to be tortured. I'll lie like a mo freak to save my ass

• Yeah, I'll tell them what they want to hear.

• I could but I won't, I believe in only one god and that will never change no matter how much I am tortured and if I am to be tortured or killed because of that so be it.

• honestly id probably just tell them to eat a dick

• I believe in God and even if I was tortured I won't change it even as a status

• I've heard Scieftologists do this!!

• well it hasn't happened yet. so what does that tell you.
    -_-