What were you almost named?

I was almost named Brenda 😱😱😱

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• You are sooooo not a Brenda! Lol

My dad told me there was no question for my name because he said the most beautiful baby had to have the most beautiful name. Isn't that sweet?

What Guys Said 49

• I was almost named Redmax

• I don't think I was almost named anything different. My parents named me after the parish they were going to when I was born and my mother has always loved my middle name (Joseph), so if they did have alternative names for me, it would have just been a quick and fleeting thought.

• My mom wanted to call me David... but my dad's side of the family has a tradition to name all the boys with an L :P

I can't picture you as Brenda lol

• I would have being John - There has always been a tradition of Johns with the nickname "Jack" in our family but my cousin was born a few weeks before me and was called Jack.

• I was named Chris but when I was...3...4 I told my parents there are too many Chriss in the world so I picked something else instead XD

• Alex. Wish theyd name me that xD

• Apparently my Dad knew for sure I would be a boy. Also my great-great uncle knew my mom was pregnant with me before she knew herself and marked me at birth because I looked a lot like him when I was born. So I was destined to be named after my Dad, but he did wanna give me a second middle name after the uncle who passed away before I was born, but that didn't happen because that's not a part of my dad's name.

• Brenda? 😱😱ik so glad they didn't decide that!! You are the one and only Calrisa 😉

I was almost named Michael.😱

• They were going to call me Ronald, but with a last name McDonald they though it best not to call me Ronny.

• Charles :p

• Jay.

• My full name is
    Romain (first name)
    Kevin
    Michael

My mom wanted Kevin, my father wanted Michael, my great grandmother came in and said "Romain"

• oh and my last name is Vincent... so I'm exclusively defined by first names xD
      First Name : Romain Kevin Michael
      Last Name : Vincent

• I was almost named Tyrone. No joke. But my parents picked Stephen after Stephen King the famous author.

• Liam, I think. Glad I wasn't, don't really like that name.

• I was almost named Peter but my mother hated the name lol

• My middle name was almost Tyler

• Bobbie... they messed up between the dogs' name and mine hahaha!

• i almost was named Paisley because my parents wanted a girl

• But they named you MrAssHat instead once they saw that you were a boy and a troll? 😁😂

• I ws almost named Seth
    @vishna

• Leandro. Not a bad name, isn't it?

• Wendell

• Dunno, would have to ask lol

• my name was almost Werner xD

• Christopher. Lol

• Clyde...

• Thomas.

• There was never any doubt about my name.

• If I came out a girl I would've been named Meena.

• Liam. Wish they would have gone with that name to be honest with ya.

• The way my parents tell it, they had one boy name and one girl name picked out months before I was born. I think they told me what the girl name would have been, but I don't remember it.

• More from Guys
    19

What Girls Said 75

• Lol, I like the name Brenda.
    I was almost named Brianna, Catherine, and Sophia.
    But then my uncle came before the day I was born and told my mom to name me Beretta. (no joke, no lie, you wouldn't have been able to fuck with me, haha). But thank heavens she waved him off.
    Tbh, I kinda wish she would have picked Sophia.. then Catherine because they're very classic and Sophia is just beauts <3 top pick for my daughter.

My middle name was legit Star on paper, then my dad RAN to the nursery last minute and changed it. I like the new better.
    @OrdinaryGentleman

• My parents didn't make a list of names to name me. My mum went to a graveyard once when she was pregnant and saw my name on a grave stone and thought "this is going to be the name of my baby".

Meanwhileeee... My brother is named after an angel. 😐 Thanks mum. 😬

• I almost named my son Rome and my daughter Margaret

• My dad wanted to name me Cassandra but my mother vetoed that because she said "I am not naming our daughter after your first car!"

But apparently naming me after the tour guide from the trip on which I was conceived was okay.

www.reactiongifs.com/.../what_the_hell.gif

• I can see you being a Cassandra 😁

• I knew a Cassandra and she was the biggest dumbest bitch so I'm going to try to take that as a compliment and not an insult.

• Anita or Ana.
    Or some other saints name because my parents are super Catholic lol

I much prefer Delia because Ana is pretty common and Anita is too old school now haha.

• Jolene.

• they had no other girl names, but if i was a boy, they'd have named me Anthony.

• I wanna know my boy name (doctor said I had a 5mm penis when I was in the womb :'( ), but my parents don't remember it. :'(

• I don't know what I was supposed to be named lol my mom didn't know if I was a boy or a girl so when I popped out she got a book of names closed her eyes and pointed and that was my name. She said she was hungry so she didn't wanna go through the trouble of actually naming me lmao

• I think my father wanted to name me Jessie...

Ya it's a pretty name. Glad it didn't happen tho😂😂

Cuz that's what mums are for

• I am glad you weren't named that either. I have no cute nicknames that go with Jessie. Vinabina 😜

• My mom and dad wanted Willow, but changed at the last minute... I'm not sure which I prefer to be honest...

• If I were a boy, I'd be Ian lmfao
    I don't know what other choices were for girls. I'm assuming my middle name, Gwen.

• Ikea

• Nothing.
    My mother had chosen my name before I was born.

• my parents wanted to name me Sonia ! :/ thanks God they didn't phewwwwww

• Hahah Nice Question
    I was almost named Inès but I was named Sarra instead

• I'm not sure. My parents never said anything about other potential names.

• If I was boy I was going to be named Levi. I dont think they had another girl name in mind. I dont like my name though... gonna change it at some point.

• Almost named Tracy. Glad they didn't. There was a really mean girl in my school named Tracy.

• Charlie. & Max. & Sam.

• My grandma wanted to give me name which would be mix of her name and my second grandma's name. Thanks to the gods my mom gave me a good name.

• Haha Brenda fit's you. I was to be named Shereese lol.

• Sylvia, I remember me crying about it to my mother that I prefer that name. I was a kid when I found out :D And now I'm soooo happy I have my name! ^^ Love it and not letting go of it :D

• Aurora.

• My name is Arlene, but I was almost called Jasmine, Jolene or Shereen.

• Daytona.

• Adriana lol or was it Ariana? I dunno

• I was almost named Isabel.

• I was almost named Barbara 😱😁 thank god I wasn't I absolutely hate that name, and I don't look like a Barbara at all.

• Ariana, lmao.

• More from Girls
    45

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more