Should I tell my boss that I feel burnt out?

It wasn't like this at the time I started working. But now I feel kind of bored with what I'm doing, sucks, and the worst thing is that I don't think that I'm learning anything valuable.

(big company/software development )

Most Helpful Girl

• Try out some meditation, it is suggested to help keep one's mind at ease. Perhaps you could also wait for the next break and contemplate about said issue again. Right now, the worst thing you could do is fall into a line of thought that may convince yourself that your job is not worth 'doing', thus resulting in unproductivity and a lack of results.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have had also job like this. There was a lot of money. I mean really a lot. I used to work there 7 years. Once I get offer for another job. So I thought I'm giving a shot. After 7 years on the same job, same people, same places, still the same work, I was really bored no matter money. So I tried new job.. Much less money. Like 4x less, but still not bad. And I never regret for 1 second. It was my best job ever. Actually it was the only one job in my whole life which I really liked and enjoyed.

• What did you go to?

• @Daynada Prague. The biggest one in the Europe. Unfortunately I left already. They gave us contracts for 6 months and after several renewals I didn't get renewal. But anyway. I never regret. It was my most enjoyable job ever. I was really proud that I was working there. And it hurts till today.

• @goldfinch23 that''s awesome! At least you can always say you worked there

What Girls Said 1

• How long have you worked there for? Does your company offer stress leave or sabbaticals?

What Guys Said 5

• Let your boss know that you need a new challenge, or, just start working in something interesting yourself. Don't expect extra pay or less of the current work, thise benefits will come later once you have an additional valuable skill. I have done this many times and have moved up because of it.

• Sure ask him if you could work on a new project

• All my jobs get pretty boring, only had one where I literally got up and left though (it was that unbearable). Are you burn out on a certain project or what?
    Are you working a crazy amount of hours or? Definitely don't want to bitch too much to your boss, could take a vacation I guess but likely would have to say im burnt out I need a break.

• Ask him if you could switch to a different position. Sounds like you need something new.

• I quit my job because I burnt out. But, I had plenty of money.