Question to Non-Americans: Do you celebrate/recognize the 4th of July?

0|0
13|23

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's not my country independe day, we don't do anything. We just know it exists. But it's good to celebrate important days, sure.

Let the fireworks begin !

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• No, I don't really care for it in all honesty.

0|0
    0|0
  • We don't here, no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't celebrate it, because it's not an holiday here. But I know it's an important day to Americans.

0|0
    0|0
  • sorry but no

0|0
    0|0
  • What would I be celebrating? It's not my holiday.

3|0
    0|0
  • Why would they? It's not their Independence Day to celebrate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many bars and clubs in Melbourne, Australia will celebrate anything to make $$$$ and people will go.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course no

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's your independence day, not ours.
    Today was a holiday in my country, because it was the day of two saints, but it's not the same day every year.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't even know we were the 4th today lmfao.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know it's a thing, i don't celebrate it though but i know the date

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol... do you celebrate everybody else's independence days?

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 22

• I am Irish - Since America is one of the main cultural influences on our part of the world, I would know it is happening and its significance to Americans but to me it is just a normal Monday - Each country tends to have a big holiday special for us it is St. Patrick's day on March 17th.

1|0
    0|0
  • The 4th and all the way to the 8th is spent on another thing called the Tanabata Matsuri (Star festival in english). No time for "4th of July.. ^.^

www.japanvisitor.com/.../japan-image-443.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • Explain WHY a non-American would celebrate it. We just know it's an American national holiday.

3|0
    0|0
    • It doesn't stop dumb young Brits celebrating Halloween and Thanksgiving.

• @bobbyxx At least Halloween was imported in the US from Europe (originally All Hallows, Day of All the Saints) , then re-exported to Europe where it was forgotten.

• no we dont like to raid other countries and take their oil and blow up stuff with carpet bombs screaming hell yeah woohoo!!! freedom ! burgers! beers ! six pack ! guns!

but stereotype trolling aside nah we dont celebrste it over here its more of an American thing :)

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm from Russia but have been in the USA for almost 20 years. I don't celebrate 4th of July. It's an ordinary day to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • most countries don´t care for other countries national celebrations xD cause it´s not part of their history.

2|0
    0|0
  • No of course not, 4th of July is the NATIONAL holiday of the U. S. national means just for 1 country. I live in Switzerland and our national holiday is on the first of August.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, yes, all throughout the world, we laud America, for bringing us freedom and peace.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since I live in the US, I do celebrate it. But when I was in Spain, no, we didn't do anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is nothing to celebrate on it. It's just another day here.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean we get it rubbed in our faces enough as is. You know, like The Patriot turning us into Nazis for some reason burning children.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • We don't have it at all

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Why would we?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope
    lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see why I should care for it

0|0
    0|0
  • No I bloody don't. We already have enough of your culture here, we don't need anymore.

2|0
    0|0
  • im not a patriot but i dont know why i would celebrate the independence day of another country dude.

0|0
    0|0
  • We're celebrating it right now!

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, we would we?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's 8 days before my birthday

0|0
    0|0
  • No why would we do that if we're not Americans