Do you ever just feel sad sometimes?

How do you cheer yourself up?

• Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel sad most of the time. And if I'm not sad, I'm angry. I don't cheer myself up. I accept that that is how I am and attempt to not dwell on whatever I'm feeling by distracting myself by keeping occupied. Anime, books, movies, TV, going for a walk while listening to audiobooks, listening to non-depressing music, etc. etc. Or getting on GAG or other social media.

Being sad is your brain's way to tell you "Something is wrong; we need to fix it." Unfortunately, it drives the point into the dirt, even if the problem is incapable of being fixed. So, a person needs to learn how to think rationally about how they're feeling and determine what the brain is trying to tell you you need, and if it is obtainable, then they need to start working towards short, medium, long-term goals in order to achieve that goal--otherwise, the brain will fuck you up, especially if you sit alone with only your brain as company.

If, however, the problem isn't solvable, then the only thing you can do is attempt to accept that you can't do anything about it. Then distract yourself with anything, when your brain attempts to scream at you that there's this unsolvable problem we need to solve.

In short, the Serenity Prayer. Religious or not, it makes sense. Accept the things you cannot change, and change the things you can. If you can't immediately work towards it, then distraction.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not without an actual reason.

& Then, it doesn't last long. It turns to anger, which I use to fuel my workouts.

Anger with myself about why it happened, how I could have prevented it, why they did it, etc.

HONESTLY, it's amazing motivation for a workout. :]

What Guys Said 2

• I'm sad lots of fucking times. It's fucking depressing here in South Florida.

• I don't cheer myself up.

What Girls Said 7

• No doubt about that. Talking to friends or my mom can help. Spending time with them or my pup works to distract my thoughts for a while. Watching TV or movies, listening to music and singing along, or exercise is all beneficial at times, too.

• Yes and it's really hard to get out of that hole. Usually it helps when I force myself to leave my house and do something. The more inactive I am, the sadder I end up feeling

• Of course. Without the lows, we wouldn't have the highs

• Yep. I go to bed.

Goodnight

• Watch a funny show or movie.

• I listen to music or see my sister and talk to her.

• I only want to listen to sad songs

• I hate crying though

• I know but sometimes you just have to let it out

• Yup. Just get some booze and I'm good at go! 😂