Do you believe that God really exists?

or is it just our fantasy and a myth? and if yes, What proves to you that He really does exist other than verses? has a miracle ever happened to you?

I've begun doubting His presence, because most of the time, He sees me suffering and asking in my prayers for some mercy and solutions for my problems but He rarely responds, leaving me drowning..

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, your suffering is all a part of his grand scheme. According to your book anyway.

In my opinion praying to your god already shows doubt in his plan which shows doubt in his existence which shows that from the first time you pray your already doubting in your gods "immaculate" plan.

You may message me if you have any questions at all about theism in general or the belief in god (s). I encourage it actually.

• No, i'm not doubting his plan, i just haven't understood it yet and i ask him to make it a little clear for me or to give me strength to carry on by talking to him (praying)

• His plan is already setforth, as for he is omni-powerful is he not?

It's already a part of his plan whether or not he will share it with you, so why bother asking for him to share it with you?

Wouldn't it also already be in his plan as to whether or not he gives strength to you?

I just have a hard time following the logic behind prayer is all.

I get the science behind it,
      Talking to someone makes you feel like someone is listening and like that someone will actually do something to make your life better then it was five minutes ago,

I get how that would make someone feel better.

But you see, when I try to look at it from the faith perspective it doesn't make logic.

Well, that IS the definition of faith after-all, to believe in something without proof for it.

I seem to have begun rambling, I'm sorry.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely and he has been one of the few constants in my life. And you can call it coincidence if you want, but a quote I love is "you have to ask yourself what kind of person are you. The kind who sees miracles, or do you believe that people just get lucky?". I believe in miracles. I have had doctors tell me things were wrong with 2 of my 3 children and they were born 100% healthy. I have asked him for things, jobs as an example, and he provided more than I could work. I've been in situations were I firmly believe the only reason I'm not in prison is because of God and the prayers of my parents. I've also been knocked down on my face to that rockbottom at times when I needed it. Those struggles and him not helping me were exactly what I needed and I couldn't see it until later. Nobody can make you believe or provide you with a black and white here scenarios. If they could you would probably still question it. You have to search him out for yourself and decide what you believe. But remember that we see a small portion of our life while he sees the entire thing. Right now you feel like your drowning, but you don't know the reason for this trial. Maybe it's to make you stronger? Maybe it's to slow you down and keep you safe? Maybe it's simply a test. He doesn't promise an easy life, but he does promise that it will be worth it in the end. Good luck!

What Guys Said 29

• I do believe that a god exists, but unlike most people, I have no idea WHICH god exists, nor do I care.

I just wanna go about my life living my own morals and trying to be a decent person, and hopefully when I die, that'll be enough for whichever god is waiting for me.

• Yes a miracle has happened before and continues to happen.

So I think that Jesus through the Holy Spirit wanted to show me that God through him can have a personal relationship with me. He spoke to me in ways that only I would understand by knowing my soul and my interests. Sometimes I would get obsessed with things I wasn't obsessed with before only to learn that God was moving through me to prepare for something else.

I wrote out what I was going to do then God did things through me to get me there. But during the ride he let me know he was there.

So yes I believe in God. It manifested into my life in the way of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

• Yes, I do. He has tested my faith by putting me in difficult situations. And now, I'm a better person because of it. A lot of people fail because they are not looking into their soul/spirit deep enough to actually listen/see what God is telling them or they have cast God out of their lives for good. They are expecting God to actually speak to them the way we all speak to each other. The devil has manipulated people into believing that. That's not to say people can't still be saved, because they can. They just need to turn around and start heading the right way.

• Humans created gods to answer their fears and ignorance. Some 3000 of them:
    Just pick your choice:
    http://i.imgur.com/i4rSGOo.jpg

• If you read the bible more, you would realize that there isn't any...
    for me, i quit after i read "God helps those who help themselves.."... wats the point of a middle man then if im gonna do the work myself.. there's also "faith without work is dead"...
    if i gotta constantly depend on me... i don't need a Being.
    there is no proof. just proof that its not real.

• I'm not super religious
    I have grievances against my church
    However I see God in small things everyday
    I'd gladly talk about this in detail if you wish

• To which god do you refer?
    The Hindus alone have more than 5,000 gods.
    If you refer to the god of the Jews and Christians, yes, I believe that Yhwh exists. I also believe that he is not my god. Yhwh is the god of the Hebrews. He is not my god.
    I am a white man. My gods are the pantheon of Wodanism, the spiritual path of my ancestors.

• God is not the conscient presence that some people would have you think. There is a creator, but it's naught but natural laws of space and time, not an entity.

• I don't believe in God.

• I know there's a god and that's better than believing because believeing is more emotional I think , and why? Well that was a long long journey lol

• If all we had to do was ask God to get rid of our pains each time we were hurt, then we wouldn't need Jesus to return and save us. It doesn't work like that. You can't just ask God to remove whatever pain you have and then you magically feel better

• ⬇️⬇️⬇️ @jacquesvol your charade is getting old just like you.

• I believe in many gods, I have had personal experiences both in ritual and outside of ritual that makes me believe that there are powers greater than us.

• I found, that there is no such thing as god.

The burden of proof lies by those, who claim.

Because science you know!

• Science also couldn't explain a lot of things happened, How can u use science as a proof that God doesn't exist?

• Like I said, the burden of proof lies by those, who claim things.

Prove gods existence first.

• No. People invented gods to suit their needs. The Greeks came up with theirs to explain the world around them. The Viking Romans Chinese Jews Christians whatever. God was made in mans image not the other way around.

• What about Jesus who came many years ago to this world and made miracles?

• jesus is just another human, i dont believe that he is the son of the God, and the 'miracles' need to have a prof, even if they do, they are science related.

• I believe in God/Jesus.

• Without a proof?

• @LiveFreeorDieHard
      @Pheonix98

Woah woah woah LFoDH, There's no reason to be an asshole and don't use crappy metaphors.

And for Pehonix, what is this "evidence all around us" You speak of? You also say that we cannot disprove the existance of a god, and that's where something called the Burden of Proof comes into play, if scientists were to just come up with some theory from absolutely no proof and tell you it was 100% fact! Would you believe them?

If I told you that I knew for certain that all roaches were really just super irradiated humans from mars, would you believe me? Or ask me to portray my findings? I cannot make a statement without backing it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchens%27s_razor
      “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

I'm sorry for the experiences you had with LFoDH, I would like you to know that he is not one of us atheists that consider ourselves smart.

• At least he has not shown me that he would qualify with how childish he is acting here.

• No not the way any of these religions explain him at least I do there is a higher entity than us though like a higherpower.

• Which god? There are billions of gods that people believed in at some point. I personally don't believe in any of them, though.

• I am Agnostic. I don't believe in god, but I don't entirely rule out the possibility that there is something bigger than us our there

• this is a bit flawed. im a total athiest but i do understand christianity and isn't it the basis of faith that you dont test 'him'?

• Spoiler alert for the end of the movie: God ain't there

• I believe god exist.

• Which one?

• I'm not sure if he exists or not

• Yes, but not of the nature that organized religion claims.

• I do. But I'm very angry at him right now.

• Yes he does!

• I think it is just a concept created by humans and people. To me, anything in regards to religion and metaphysics are simply results of the fear of death and that is the main purpose of their existence, to provide some comfort for those that "want" to hope and hang on to something or any of those various belief systems, to hope for and look forward to something better once they die and leave this world, they want to believe in an afterlife so they choose to believe in any of those belief systems.

It also depends on how anyone would define or hypothesize what "God" even is. If it's something or someone that created the entire universe, then I don't find that to make any logical sense at all, but that's me.

There had been mentions and debates of ancient astronauts (Intelligent Extraterrestrials) that "could" possibly have been involved with humans and organic life coming into existence or evolution on our planet, but even that is also questionable, but nowhere is it as illogical as the concept of one being that had been responsible for completely creating an entire universe and absolutely every single thing in it.

Or unless somehow you would believe or think that everything in reality or specifically "this" reality is only a simulated reality and absolutely nothing is real to begin with, thus then you could say that someone or something had created this "entire illusion" of a reality, but even that is debatable and questionable, and I don't think or believe that this reality is just merely a simulation.

• Nature = god.
    Nature = Animals, birds, insects, humans, mountains... all the shit

Hence,
    Humans = part of god.
    Humans = god.
    I'm god.
    You're god.
    We all are gods.
    We all control our lives together.

• bible itself is a miracle n proof of god.. checkmate atheists

What Girls Said 13

• No.
    I find the notion of an omnipotent, omniscient entity to be quite asinine and frankly ridiculous. I'm not all opposed to the concept of a deity however, our lack of knowledge concerning the origins of the universe does not warrant certainty on either side of the debate.

• I don't, there are no deities in this world.

• Yes. And, if he hears your prayers and is allowing you to struggle a little, there may be some kind of reason. As ridiculous as that may sound, I felt the exact same way and was losing my faith but, then my life began to turn around. Only ensuring my belief. It takes time...

• no. I used to be a hard core christian, but by the end of adolescence my doubts started growing and the bible didn't have any answers. plus, the more I read it, the more I realized it contradicts itself a lot, and it upholds values that I really don't agree with. I think some guy named jesus probably existed around the start of the first century, and he was pretty cool, and he was the inspiration for the bible jesus. the bible as it is now has been edited and reedited tons of times, even if it was originally the word of God, it's been adulterated way too much.

it's simpler for me to just live life, hope for the best, prepare for the worst, strain for harmony and try to be happy while doing all those things :D haha.

• Yes I do believe in God/Allah.

• Considering I've been an atheist for a while now, nope, I don't believe in his existence.

• Yes I d.

• Yes, I believe in god.

• No I don't

• Yes I believe God is real, there was a time when I was going over to hang out with friends, something told me not to go but I didn't listen especially when my friend kept persisting but I clearly and loudly heard "No" in my head, my skin crawled and I made up an excuse to not go. Something about that friend insisting on me coming out to bum fuck wasn't right and I live in bum fuck but I just knew instantly when I heard that no that I wasn't going and i still don't know what would've happened if I hadve went. I later found out that this friend was doing dope not just smoking pot but dope. But I know God is real because of many diff things.

• Nope

• I don't believe in God. You see, there's this thing called "facts." And facts are true. There are no facts in religion.

• I know he does. The only thing I know for sure.