Can you sleep knowing there's a living bug in your room?

Most Helpful Guy

• If there's a spider in a web (as long as it's not a black widow) I may leave it for the night. If it's a wandering type I'll kill as I don't like getting bit by spiders. Most other bugs I'll kill as ants will bring lots of friends if you leave them, and the other kinds I see the most of, silverfish and carpet beetles, are destructive to cloth and paper.

A while back I killed a black widow right about dusk as she was starting to build a web across my front door. I was afraid I'd forget about it and walk out the door in the morning and get her in my face.

Most Helpful Girl

• Had a swarm of them once and no I didn't sleep for a whole week in my room. I got the yellow tape and barred the door off. Got some species, down to the plant/animal quarantine and found out it wasn't an insect. Ps. they looked like worms. So then I was really worried. They came from under my bed :o :o

What Guys Said 15

• Depends on the bug. Spiders and centipedes eat the annoying little fckers that fly around, and Spiders are a Spirit Guide, to some Native Traditions that I believe.
    I don't kill anything, unless I have to. I often escort some bugs out of my house, and use things like Bounce Laundry cloths to deter some from coming in.
    When I see Spiders, I know that I need to remember the Lesson that they symbolize, as that is somehow out of balance, in my life, when I see them frequently.
    Do I need to return to creating, cooking, or something more, or am I in a potentially 'entangling' position, in some relationship?

• I honestly won't mind if its something that flies around, most tend not to bug anyone, but if its something that crawls... hell to the hell no, its gotta go.
    I find it intriguing that its not the bug that is scary, but the IDEA that the bug is around that is scary lol.
    I guess having a soldier ant in your ear one time will do that to a person :)

• NO! It has to die before i can sleep, especially spiders. I woke up next to one as a toddler and i think it traumatised me.

• No, because I'd feel sad for it, and take it outside.

• Unless it's a Butterfly or Dragonfly than nope!! Only 2 bugs I like.

• Uh yeah lol.

• Last time I was on my Friends farm house I couldn't... Lol I could only sleep after I killed the bug :-P

• there are more bugs in your bed than grains of sands on every beach in the world : Acarinas (feeding off dust and dead skin)
    good night

• No, they will always fall in your mouth.

• doesn't bother me. m

• Hell to the no

• Yea I do it all the time.

• I went camping when I was a kid... so it is not a big deal to me.

• mmm. questionable.

like a gnat is ok but a centipede must be hunted down and killed

• Yes, of course. I have a big spider in my room right now. He's cool though.

What Girls Said 16

• It depends on the bug. Like it it's a little spider in the corner he can stay and eat the other bugs. But if it's a huge spider that wants to eat my cat then it has to go.

• Nope

• oh hell nah!!!

• Noooo!!! I will not sleep until I find it.

• Depends on what kind of bug. If it's a spider or daddy-long-legs, HELL NO! Ladybugs and butterflies don't bother me though :p

• Hell nope

• uhhh no. Yuck what if it crawls on me. Or in my ears or nose!!! fml

• yeah, it minds it's business and i mind mines. no hard feelings XD

• no ! impossible !

• Impossible.. I hate bugs.

• No! I absolutely hate bugs! If there's a bug in my room I'll ask someone to kill it or go to another room.

• Big bugs? No

• God no

• yes but it won't be as good knowing that the bug is dead

• Hell no
    Living room couch it is

• Yes.
    But if it is a roach, I can't.