Why do people have posters or shirts of Marilyn Monroe?

What did she even represent? Wasn't she a hoe?

2|1
12|17

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol Marylyn Monroe was a major female and sex appeal icon during her time and after, she was all about natural beauty without surgery or tons of makeup. Accepting yourself and not changing for anyone, she played a lot of strong independent characters in her movies. In real life she rose from being a small town girl to raising to become one of the most well known female actors of her time.

But she also had her issues in real life to, she did sleep around with a few guys, and had some issues with alcohol and was a little insecure about some stuff.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• Marilyn was "the definition of beauty and desire" for at least two generations western society, even if you disagree personally, and many people even several generations later identify with her that way.

It's no different how people look at, say, Beyonce today.

4|0
    0|0
  • I think that is a bit of a harsh summation of Marilyn Monroe - She is a symbol of an era - The blonde hourglass movie icon "Blondes have more Fun", "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" it was the trend of the time in the 1950s - Like Jim Morrison in the 1960s - The Flapper dancing the Charleston in the 1920s - I think just images that reflect a certain time.

2|0
    0|0
  • "Give a girl the right shoes and she can take over the world."
    -either Marilyn Monroe or Aristotle, can't quite remember🤔

1|0
    0|0
  • She was a hoe, but most people are ignorant and don't know that.
    Why do so many people have shirts and posters of the Che Guevara? Same. They don't really know who that person was.

1|1
    0|0
  • She was and that's the deal I don't get. How is she a role model if she was just the Kim Kardashian of her day?

1|1
    0|0
  • The best type: she got the President of the United States

0|0
    0|0
  • girl before you ask a question such as this, do a bit of background research would ya.
    1 : no she wasn't a "hoe" at all she was a sex symbol for her time
    2 : don't look down on her she was smarter than you'll ever be
    3 : she was one of the very few women of her time to attain fame and wealth (knowing she was born in 1926 that is HUGE for women of the time)

2|0
    0|0
    • IDGAF because she was a plain HOE no wonder she's dead lol

• girl you ask a question then say you don't give a fuck... why the fuck did you ask the question in the first place? sit down and leave this site girl cuz right now you lost an occasion to shut up

• Why does it matter? Does she have to represent something or be pure innocence for people to like her, have posters or shirts?

People have posters and shirts of every bullshit. Don't like it, don't buy it.

0|0
    0|0
  • people r free to admire whomever they choose

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't have one of her, but if I did it would be because she was pretty. Doesn't have to represent anything. Just fap material

0|0
    0|0
  • Idek, I have my own shirtless poster on my front wall baha

0|0
    0|0
  • good point. it's odd.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't know one thing she did other than sleep around.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haha you can't be serious. Do kids get taught nothing in schools anymore?

0|0
    0|0
  • People are confusing how she was in movies to who she actually was in real life. People think she was this strong independent confident woman because that's how her characters were in movies. But in reality she was actually a very insecure shallow home wrecker. She ended up killing herself because Kennedy chose his family over her. Allegedly...

And she gets credit for a lot of quotes she never actually said in movies or real life.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• Because she is beautiful and she remains an iconic actress and model. She brought confidence to many girls.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...98ea440772.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • No, but in her days she was the symbol for the perfect female in the movies. Not the trained bodies from nowadays, but a well filled female.

0|0
    0|0
  • Marilyn Monroe is a male... Seriously, Google Marilyn Monroe without makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think she's absolutely gorgeous. But unfortunately she was the exact opposite of how she was in her movies and how she came across in her photos. She came across very confident, independent etc but she was very insecure and so desperately wanted to be loved.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I guess she was but she did have mental issues.

0|0
    0|0
  • she's hot. And can be a G. Simplee as that. She fucked the president. she's legendary

2|0
    0|0
  • She's a fashion icon. Not like it matters what she did with her private parts in her free time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because she was "beautiful" and a tortured soul at the same time.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's famous for being pretty and in movies

0|0
    0|0
  • She's just hella pretty honestly

0|0
    0|0
  • She was super beautiful looked great in the movies posessed a certain charm, vunrability and innocence one minute then a full blown sex bomb siren the next, no one cares if she was a hoe or not she had what most women don't have in their little fingers today and men back then could see it, something that was just natural for her.

1|0
    0|0