Why do women think the baby is only theirs if not with the father and then treat the men like he is a stanger to his own baby?

hello
i am asking this as i have been reading about women how get pregnant to a man they just met but the problem is what women think about this as all the answers i read say that the man is a stranger to the baby or that the women should test the man before he can be a father and have rights so i ask why don't women have to prove they are good mothers like fathers do and do not say because she is the mother as you say the same about the man as you can say because he is the father

Most Helpful Girl

• Because we unfortunately live in a workd of "her body her choice". Fathers only get rights when it is convenient for the mother.

• i know and i find it unfair for men but i agree with the her body her choice but only until the baby is born then it should be equal for both parents

• Exactly! And thanks for the MHO = )

• np because u are the only one who seems to have common sense to see that if we want mothers and fathers to be good parents we need to give them the same rights so they are equal from the start and not set up power imbalances as that sets us to to fail because then one parent has all the power whereas the other can do nothing but the real people who lose out are the children who cannot see their father

What Guys Said 3

• Marry me now. My goodness my younger sister does the same thing. I'm like... Wtf. She get pregnant by this guy then gets another boyfriend and shit goes down hill with the test. I'm like if she wasn't my sister id go off on her or tell her that stuff ain't right. You right though.

• lol sorry but i have a boyfriend but u are right if women do not have to prove anything why do men as the mother is not classes as a stranger so why is the father if the baby is his too is makes no sense to me at all

• I mean from what I see women or say the girl in question try to pick the leader of her child before the child gets of age. She need financial stability, protector, and all that jazz. She test him jus to see if he meets the child's needs and what not but after the women is pregnant and some months over she can provide that stuff herself and stop testing guys for her mistake. And when I say marry me I men " I know right!" Lol.

• lol sorry for misunderstanding and u are right

• i dont know, i think people assume women are good parents because they are women.

• Yeah, why do they do that?

• i do not know that is why i am asking lol

What Girls Said 4

• That's an utter bullshit women do.. Like I would not want to have the sole responsibility of a baby by myself, and I would not want my kid to question why his/her father is not present but his/her friends' dads are out there for them. That would be devastating for a kid to explain.

• Jesus, learn to use a comma will you?

I don't really get what you're on about since your punctuation is invisible...

• i am sorry about my grammar i was in a rush as i was late for work

• Because they're stupid. If you have a baby its yours and the fathers, whether a girl likes it or not, it takes two to make a baby.

• but some mothers do not think like that

• Weren't you the boy complaining that unmarried men have to get paternity tests but unmarried women don't have to get maternity tests?

• no what boy are u talking about as i am new to this website so i have no idea where u got that idea from but i am sorry if u have me confused with someone else

• Attitude is also identical.

• well i am sorry for sounding like someone else i only came on to the site to ask a question not to be judged or accused of something i did not do but if that is what you think i will not try to dissuade as it is your opinion