Why am I so obsessed with school?

I feel this attachment.

I mean I graduated in June but I cannot let go of the people. It is so weird.

I am... afraid.

I deactivated my facebook account for a while. I figured I needed some space and some time to think

Most Helpful Guy

• Life is full of changes. Leaving school is a big one (at least you got a degree). It will take some getting used to but - you graduated last month. You can't expect to move on immediately without some feelings of regret - I still wish I had done some things differently in college, and miss some of the social aspects.

After you start making some progress toward future plans you won't think so much about it. Just try to enjoy the summer. And try to maintain contact with the people who are important to you, and don't obsess over the "one that got away".

Most Helpful Girl

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 19

• Doesn't seem like you're obsessed with school OP. It seems your want to cherish your memories/your friends/your teachers, perhaps you are afraid of loss. It's perfectly natural, I'll assume you made some good shitty memories or good wild, crazy, fun ones in school that you don't want to leave. Well, I have good news for you OP, memories can travel with you everywhere , especially, the shitty kind those fuckers like to be there when you least at expect them to. However, don't freight it's alright, you'll be alright it's good you deactivated that shitty site known as facebook. It's not weird OP it's human nature to love.

• This is absolutely understandable - When you move from one place to another it is a shock especially if you enjoyed the old environment - Soon you will be in a new place and probably like there - Don't cut yourself off from old place, keep in contact with old friends - Everyone has had change a couple of times in their life - I went to 3 schools, university and 11 different offices during my life and lived to tell the tale.

• Are you talking about high school or college?

• University.

I cannot stop thinking about my classmates: aka boys.

I've always been a beautiful girl and loved all the attention. Now I'm just... ordinary? Suddenly I'll be boring and they're going to get all these fancy jobs and I'm going to be... normal.

I don't like it. I don't like it one bit

• If you have always been an attractive girl, you will continue to be an attractive girl. What changes is that the "universe" in which you exist has changed; it is now much bigger and quite different than the universe to which you are accustomed.

Being in an environment which you understand and in which you can easily navigate gives most people a strong sense of comfort and security. That is probably what you are missing. As you begin exploring your new universe, you will learn more about your new world and you will realize that you are still appreciated for all of our good qualities. Your sense of comfort will return; it only needs time and some patience.

• School has been your whole world for years, and everything has been structured. Now you're out in the much bigger real world and are on your own. It's scary.

• scared and bored ;) rawr its a wide open world and watching the news makes u think its scarier than it is.

• Its all you've known for 20 plus years. All I can say is Welcome to the real world. Life sucks. We all live for the weekend.

• Really?

I... want to ball my eyes out.

• I'm open to discussing it again 😋

• Sounds like you get attached easily. I think you need tk stay away from them as much as you can. Live your own life. Party. Go out with friends

• It's fine. You can be a Gag queen instead :)

• It might be that you made good friends with some of the people in school and/or that you are scared of meeting new people. Afraid of change.

Time and space to think is not a bad idea. Take care to not alienate yourself, though.

• June was a week ago.

takes a bit longer to move onto a new life after you've been used to a certain environment for four years.

• Everyone misses college. Join the club

• To this extent?

I just cannot let go of it. It's really really scary.

I actually ended up taking a class after graduating just to feel connected to school.

After this guy practically rolled his eyes at me, I sorta 'got it' and just dropped the class. Not because of him, but because I knew he's right.

I still however feel empty inside.

• For the last time, EVERYONE MISSES COLLEGE!!! no one wants to leave. Also, I doubt the dude even knew you

• Oh I forgot to add, he did know me.

• I guess you never learned about life, since you don't seem like you've ever done things by yourself or made up your own goals in life.

• Hmmmm. I don;t know. I can;t say. I am very aloof so I'm not the best person to ask.

• You're scared of the real world. Don't worry, the real world is just a more complex version of high school. Unless you leave the country.

• Because school is great for you.

• afraid of what. the unknown?

• Make new friends.

• Probably get some help for that hey?

• I think it's more about the people than it is about school. Which is more scary

• I'm 26... I'm friends with like 2 people from school. You'll meet better people in life than school. I wouldn't stress too hard lol.

My adult answer... Obviously being with those people for 12 years (Australia) they become borderline fam and a big part of your life, it's like aoending 13 years with your sister than you're parents just offing her and you never see her again. It sucks.

• u love school,

• I love the people even more

• You should have sex with your school

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!