Pet owners, do you ever wonder what the point of getting a pet is if you have to say bye to them so early?

http://www.boredpanda.com/before-after-pets-growing-old-first-last-photos/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=BPFacebook

I was was looking at those pictures and it broke my heart. I have a cat who is 7 and a dog who is 5. I can't even imagine losing them 10+ years from now :( the sadness of it makes me never want another one :(

Most Helpful Girl

• ugh I know. I just found old pics of myself holding my dog when she was a puppy. 10 years ago now.

What Guys Said 1

• What's the point of living if you're just gonna die in the end XD
    Life isn't what's around the corner. It is the corner! Just enjoy the limited time we have , they have , the time you can have with your pets.
    67.media.tumblr.com/.../...ecIcE1qzv1s1o1_1280.png

What Girls Said 2

• I always adopt my pets, so it's almost as much for their benefit as it is mine that I get them. However, I have to leave a lot for work and for very long periods of time, so sometimes i think it's very selfish of me to keep a pet and than maybe I should stop. Animals deserve someone who can be there everyday.

• Would you be interested in a pet with a longer lifespan, like a parrot?