Do you believe you are an introvert or extrovert?

introvert-shy, quiet not very social
extrovert- loud, outgoing, social

• Introvert
  • Extrovert

Most Helpful Guy

• i dont believe but im sure im an introvert

Most Helpful Girl

• you'll mostly find introverts on the internet.

What Guys Said 20

• Somebody taught me the other day a new term, "ambivert", and I think that describes me. I tend to vary based on my mood.

There are times I want to be like a hermit and be isolated from the world. The idea of seeing people stresses me out.

Then there are other times when I want to be around people, and don't want to go home (the guy that never wants the party to end).

And then most of the time I'm in the middle, where there's a bit of reluctance to see people originally, I'd rather stay home and be solo, but once I'm there, I turn into the extroverted type and don't want to go home and keep on socializing.

• In general the thought of being around and socializing with people stresses me out a bit, especially during those seasons where I've kept to myself mostly. Yet actually being around people energizes me and wakes up a different kind of side.

• I am most definitely an introvert. But I wish I weren't. There's nothing more I'd like than hanging out with large groups of people. But alas, the rare few times I have done so, I felt fucking drained and out of place.

• Introvert, and socially awkward. I don't like humans in general. Kinda lost faith in humanity.

• I did one of those personality tests for somebody's question here during the week and scored 96% on the Introvert scale so I better say Introvert.

• I'm a shy extrovert with introverted tendencies

• Introverts are not necessarely quiet/not "very social". That's not what it means.

I am an extrovert, through and through.

• Thanks for trying to tell me that the dictionary was wrong and introvert does not mean very social because according to google introverts are usually people who turn themselves always from social gatherings because they are reserved and to themselves but thanks for trying to be helpful

• I like it you are doing your own research, but while you're at it, make it thorough.
      A person with introverted tendencies finds it exhausting to be in company, it doesn't imply they have problems with socializing.

• True. Some introverts are social when they want to be, but they often just have no desire to socialise.

• Goodness, I'm such an introvert. It's hard sometimes because in Boy Scouts, my Scoutmaster thinks that the only way to be a leader is to be an extroverted style of leader, and doesn't realize that I'm leading in an introverted way.

• INFP who can "fake it" for social or work situations.

• I believe I give zero fucks :v
    Not sure what you call that... Antagonist? Badass? Angry Joe? I dunno lol >.>
    I just closed my eyes and picked lol XD

• Believe? I KNOW for a fact that I'm an introvert

• im somewhere in the middle

• I'm inbetween but use to be an introvert

• Introvert, but only when sober.

• Introverts aren't necessarily shy. Those are two entirely different things.

I'm a definite introvert, though.

• I believe I'm more of a introvert, but I do have my extrovert moments.

• Introvert

• I'm definitely an introvert. I'm very shy and I don't make friends easily.

• I like my alone time

• I'm an introvert

• I'm both.

What Girls Said 11

• I'm by FAR an introvert.

Mind you, neither one had anything to do with how social the individual is. The difference between introverts/extroverts has more to do with how you process things, and how much/how often your brain can process the same amount of stimuli.

I, for example, am a huge social butterfly. I love being around people and hanging out with friends/my boyfriend as often as possible. What differs between myself and someone who would be an extrovert is that being around someone extremely talkative/high-energy is something I only enjoy in small doses. If I spend too long with such people, then I almost crave coming home, having some time to myself where everything's quiet and I can 'recharge', in a sense.

• I hate loud people and am not patient around people who like to talk about irrelevent topics (gossip, daily boring stuff). I don't really try to make new friends (if it happens, it happens) because it's tiresome and it is the last important goal for me to have a lot of friends. I think I'm introvert.

• I'm 100% introvert with some serious social anxiety which doesn't make it exactly easier. I wish I was more extrovert I feel like deep deep down I am I'm too scared to let that side out because what people think. Anyway I'mma work on it because I don't want to be shy , quiet with no social life for the rest of my life.

• I'm definitely an introvert. But I would love to be an extrovert, they have more fun and more friends.

• Extrovert

• Introvert here!

• A little introverted.. but more of an extrovert

• Im both. It depends on my mood, whats on my mind.. Sometimes I want to be out and about and other days Im a hermit.

• Introverted.

• I know I'm an introvert

• I am definetly an introvert, but I'm not shy. It's complicated I guess