Why do people make stuff up so much?

I have a friend in my school, and she makes up stuff all the time. When I first started talking to her, she was nice and she didn't really bother me at all. But as the year progressed, she decided that I was her best friend (in which I am not), and told me that she was pregnant and scared. I believed her and wanted to help. I then talked to my best friend (C) and he told me that she was crazy, and at that point I started to doubt her. She then told me two weeks later that she lost the baby. Then, she told me a month later that she was pregnant again but still a virgin... She said that she was born with sperm inside of her. It's so dumb.. Now she's saying that she is getting married after graduation to a guy that just got out of jail. If I can't get a boyfriend, how the heck can she get a fiancé that is about 30 years older than her? I just don't understand why people have to lie so much. I don't believe anything she says now.

0|0
5|8

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• she actually sounds like she has some mental issues. more to be pitied than censored.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know if she's in control... she should get help but there's no delicate way to suggest this.

What Guys Said 7

• she's desperate for attention and also sounds mentally unstable

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know how she is mentally, but yeah.. I can agree with the attention.

• They think it makes them more interesting. I used to work with a guy who was notorious for making stuff up and he got caught by someone more knowledgable several times.

0|0
    0|0
  • What a weird thing to make up.

0|0
    0|0
    • What is? xD

• Show All
    • Call her out straight up. Don't let her bullshit it off by trying to bro up on you.

"Oh cmon lol!! Why would I make that up.. Hey did you see 50 shades of gay?"

Don't give into it just call her out and remain neutral till she tells the truth.

• I have, she got so pissed off at me and said she would stop talking to me... And then she didn't even stop talking to me, and she constantly bugged me.. xD

• @puppylove94 love making shit up too

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a psychological problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol no opinion
    But thanks for sharing it make me giggle:p

0|0
    0|0
  • because they like to do it

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Then don't believe it, it sounds like she just wants the attention. Tell her to cut the crap and stop making shit up because it's obviously not true.

0|0
    0|0
  • Attention hun I had a girl when we were in 6th grade she said she was pregnant then when that back fired she said that the doctor lied to her about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey she sounds a little like me. On the internet I like to make up fake scenarios and makeup fake people and see how people react to these people and these scenarios.

Maybe she should be a writer

0|0
    0|0
  • She wants to seem more exciting than she really is

0|0
    0|0