Why does everyone else always say how independent I am, but the guy I'm in love with says I'm too much and too needy?

:(

Most Helpful Guy

• Significant others usually see you in a different light than friends and acquaintances. I am dating a retired female judge who was accustomed to being in charge and giving people orders. When it's the two of us, she tends to be submissive, especially in bed.

Most Helpful Girl

• People have a faulty self-concept.

• You see yourself through the eyes of your friends and your SO and the result makes you feel confused.
      Sometimes you can be a different person when you're exposed to different people.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, are you too needy and too much around him but independent around others or what not? It's all in perspective, honestly. Don't think about it too much. It might be true, it's just that you haven't noticed it yet. If it's not true than the person you're in love with is a jackass. lol

• Your friends are probably full of shit.

• Because no one else has to deal with you romantically.

What Girls Said 1

• How should we know...