Why is my teacher being like this with me?

So I just started this class last week. I liked this teacher let's just call him Dr. Bob (he's an actual doctor) because he was really cool!
But after the first day he has been picking on me... In terms of always putting me on the spot for answers. I get nervous so I forget. He puts pressure on me because I'm a few months away from graduation and the majority of the class are people that just literally got into the school. If I say a wrong answer he makes me feel stupid about it by laughing at me. Today he kept insulting me on the way I smile and laugh (not joking around but insulting me) which caused everyone to laugh but me. He just went over board with it. He's always looking at me and calling on me. I'm not the only students in there that's advanced. I'm not a bad student either. I show up on time, never miss, take a good amount of notes, turn in my homework early and pay attention. He is also a Psychologist so maybe it's one of his tactics? It's just really annoying me... I got so embarrassed and insulted that I almost cried. It really takes a lot for me to cry. So why is he doing this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you participate a lot?

• Yes. Even when he doesn't put me on the spot.

• Then you're probably one of his favourites, some teachers/professors tend to pick on students that they believe are the most genuinely interested in the class and not just there because they're forced to or take it as a joke class. I would speak to him about it and tell him your concerns, if he's a professional which I believe he is if he's a doctor, then he should understand and hopefully lighten up.

What Guys Said 2

• You're going to need to use his exact words. I don't know why you didn't, since you expect to us to know why he's doing what we don't know that he's doing.

• To see what you are made of?

What Girls Said 0