If your son/daughter asked you to fuck off and rot after you asked them to come visit them after a cancer diagnosis, would you ever want to see them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, they're still my child.

• Why though if they hate you, what good would come of it?

• Well they gave up on you.

• Good for them.

What Girls Said 9

• Of course I would--love trumps hate, every time. The heart of most parents is pretty forgiving. But kids often hate their parents for trying to do the right thing; it's both the most difficult and the most rewarding job on the planet. Doing it right is incredibly important, though. If you cater to every desire your kid has in order to try and buy their love, you aren't doing your kid OR the rest of the world any favors. If your kid doesn't hate you on occasion, you aren't doing it right. Because character growth and learning resolve are both painful parts of life. So just because they hate me at times, I would still want to see them every chance I got.

• yes I would but depending on their age they would potentially be super grounded. Parents love their kids unconditionally and as my mother said to me part of a parents job is to have their feelings hurt. They will always want to see you again though.

• Yes, I would want to see them. If they said that to me, they are obviously hurt about something I did so I'd want to see what the issue was and try my best to fix it.

• Annnnnnd he's back. What a baby

• Don't judge unless you've been driven to attempted suicide by your parents.

• Who is the sick one?

• Wow those brats would be disowned and written out of the will. I am gonna say nope!

• Nope. They would be cut out of the will.

• Let me guess:

You're the same whiny little boy who won't man up and see his dying mom because they "forced" you into a mental institution. Right?

Dude. Grow the fuck up and get over it.

• first I'd beat their asses and then yes, I would want to see them

• I meant if they were adults.

• I would care about their ages! A mother is always a mother no matter how old you were, is this about you?

• Yes it is.

What Guys Said 5

• Damn that's a savage move. I understand if your mother/father is a shit, but if she or he is not and the nicest person ever then that's a little cold. I wouldn't care at that point, I'd be happy to see them but if they didn't come then I wouldn't be angry just disappointed (like I failed) so now I have one last regret before I die.

• Is this a purely hypothetical question, or is there a background story?

• Yeah, I said that to my mom.

• Who knows but she said it was for depression (which the hospitalization only made worse).

• You know why she did it. If you don't want to discuss it, that is okay. . . but you should admit to yourself that you do understand. When she did that, was she motivated by love or hate?

• I would. They're still my child.

• To be honest, no. I'll let them feel the pain of losing someone when my death hits them.

• Id be sad for sure