Why do I stop liking or respecting a guy when I find out he isn't rich?

Before someone says gold-digger I already HAVE money as in I come from wealth.

So it's not about wanting the money itself, it's about respect.

I don't understand why I stop respecting them but I just do.

Is that weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• you're a gold digger

Most Helpful Girl

• Annnnnnnd THIS is why no one should EVER use money to attract a partner, or engage in *any* conspicuous consumption during the early stages of a relationship... even if that's ultimately yr preferred lifestyle.

If you *are* rich and single... Keep it close to the chest. Ideally, so close that NO ONE will know, except yr closest friends and confidants.
    If you have "nice things", keep them hidden, until trust -- and (ironically, in the case of this thread) respect -- have been established.

Depending on just how rich you are, you may even need to keep yr actual *identity* under wraps for a while.

That's how you'll avoid people like this question asker... and find someone who'll actually love and respect YOU.
    And who won't leave yr ass the second that hard times hit.

What Guys Said 12

• Is it because they're content barely scraping by and you see them as settling for less?
    Is it because they don't have ambitious goals, they aren't go-getters?

I mean, if a guy was earning enough to pay the bills and have some money left over at the end of the week to have a good time even if it's a simple lifestyle, not limousines and champagne or anything fancy, but he loved his career and is working hard to advance in the company he works for... would you find him attractive?

• You ONLY respect cash, probably because you're just used to it. You're spoiled and spoon fed, find a rich mama's boy and you'll both be unhappy together, worried about your wallets.

• You don't respect him because you equate money as stability; men with no wealth are not stable

• Ehh you're still a gold digger xD

• haha even if you got money you still gonna want more... Ya gold-digger lol

hmm actually... i need to find me a good sugar mamma lol

• Sighs *Face Palm* life is not about money.. if you loose respect for a person because they are not rich you have some soul searching to do 'Mam'.
    I respect everyone and remember... the richest came from humble beginnings.

• It's okay. Not everyone can be open-minded.

• That's fine. Perhaps your soulmate is a rich guy like yourself.

I'm not rich, so I'm glad you've told me beforehand that you have no interest in my existence.

Enjoy the rest of your journey on Planet Earth!

• Because you're a typical woman.

• Status is status.

• IN on bait post

• Money is a form of stability and security and women care more about that then the actual guy.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe in your environment or surroundings you're accustomed to feel like that's not a good thing.

• That's how some rich people are