Do you think most mean people are mean because they have been hurt?

Ok so I read this children book and it forever changed my view on people and myself.
The book is called bully and you can borrow it from the library.
The big bull tells a small bull to go go away.
The small bull is hurt. Other animals come to him and he is acting mean to them because he was hurt by someone close to him.
Do you think all people are like this?
Can you relate? Has anyone been mean to you, and you were mean to others?

• No, mean people are just mean
  • No, mean people have been hurt and just acting out

Most Helpful Guy

• yes its true and im also getting to a same point like this in my life

Most Helpful Girl

• I think some... yes. Some are mean because they are just spoiled selfish people.

What Guys Said 9

• It's very possible, but it's not justified. Wee're all gonna be hurt many times in our live, if we are mean every time we're hurt, there'll be no kindness, cause everyone will be hurting others over and over again.

• Honestly, I have been hurt by my mom and recovering because I just realized my many mean ways because I don't know how else to act. I am hiding myself from people in case I hurt them but I honestly don't want to hurt people but I don't know how to change yet. It's not as easy as you would think.

• I can't speak for others, but it's true for me. (:
    I find myself being mean to strangers rather often and justifying my actions with the hurt I accumulated from being wronged before.

But of course, I'm not mean to those who are kind to me to begin with. I react proportionately to how I'm treated.

• I personally think that no one is born mean and develop these tendencies throughout life. So I agree with the second.

• yes and also because being nice is seen as a weakness by both genders it seems.

• people are just plain miserable bastards who have their heads up their ass

• Poppycock.

• It can be both.

• Nope it's in our nature to lose our temper

• I know i'm "meaner" than I would have been since being hurt or just having trust broken etc. not purposeful, bitches just suck.

What Girls Said 3

• Mean people are mean because they choose to be. Plenty of hurt people don't lash out on others who don't even deserve it. It's understandable that they lash out if they're mistreated at home or by their friends, but being mean is still a choice. You can choose to lash out or you can choose to get help and spread positivity, not cause more problems with more people. Sadly not everyone is quite as self-aware as that.

• No, mean people are just mean

• No. The like the power they get