Why is physical appearance so important?

Why do people judge others on appearance? Is'nt it so wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's understandable for dating, but I've never understood it in general. I'm someone who isn't attractive at all, and I usually have people going out of their way to be rude to me about it. What I don't understand is, it's usually girls who do it to me. Why does it matter if they are attracted to me or not? It's very rare a guy is rude to me about my appearance, not even if I show interest in them. They just reject me and move on. A woman who lives in my building is probably the rudest person who I've encountered so far. It doesn't make sense because she is much older than me. However, if her and I run into each other she will make comments. She doesn't know anything about me. I'm only ever polite to her. It's gotten to the point I'll take the steps so I don't have to run into her in the elevator.

What Girls Said 4

• Why is it wrong to want to be sexually attracted to your life partner?
    Only 'ugly' people think that.

• I am not ugly ! And i dont say i find everyone beautiful, good looking ! In fact i dont like most on peoples look but noones look affect my behavior !

• Because it is the actual FIRST IMPRESSION you will give. The first impression always matters.

• because its the first thing that we look

• Wrong is to look ugly

• Do you consider yourself beautiful?

What Guys Said 4

• It's what we see first. Isn't this obvious?
    People judge other people based on appearance for any number of reasons, go figure.

• You rude bitch ! , You deserve to be hit by me !

• Well, first impression is what people remember you by at first

• Someone that is aestetically nice to look at is going to grab your attention more so than someone who is "ugly". I think there is a subconcious side to it as well, people assume good looks = good health/genes.

• It is only for women.