How can I get over my fear of singing?

So here's the deal I've been singing since I was in kindergarten and the only people to ever hear me sing are my parents, sister, and a customer when I was working. I love singing and I think I'm pretty good my father was a great Singer. The people who have heard me sing said I was amazing and have cried Lol. I would love to be able to sing in front of people but every time I try to my voice starts shaking and my throat closes up.

Most Helpful Guy

• You get tense out of fear. It's natural. There is no way to make this sensation magically disappear. You keep practicing and giving performances. At some point, you will grow accustomed it.

L. Pavarotti once said that everybody is afraid when they perform and anybody who says they're not is a liar.

On another note, it also depends where you sing. Different acoustics can mess you up.

Most Helpful Girl

• Can you sing with your back to the stage and pretend it's just you?

What Guys Said 4

• I would research stagefright on the net and see is there any stories. tips and advice you could try - It could be anything from just building up confidence to hypnosis.

• Record it and play it next time to some friends and see what they think... start small and work your way up to actually singing with people around... some day you will be so comfortable you will invite an audience over when you are in the shower!

• I can't I get so nervous no one knows

• Upload an audio and share it with us! When you get anonymous compliments, you'll know for sure that you sing great and that might give you a little boost when performing for crowds (Aaaaand I get to hear you sing!)

• I don't know if I should even that freaks me out

• posted* my bad!
      And thanks in advance!

• No problem

• Have you taken singing lessons?

• Nope but my dad and I used to sing

• can't hurt to try

• Very true

What Girls Said 0