When did America declare independence?

Before you watch the video please vote :)
The reason Im asking is because well 4th of July was this week, and for some reason a lot of Americans don't know why the fuck they even celebrate it, never mind which country they declared independence from... So Im highly curious about the people's knowledge on gag, maybe it will restore the faith in the American people. 😂 But please don't cheat!

• Im American - 1776
  • Im American - 1876
  • Im American - 1976
  • Not American - 1776
  • Not American - 1876
  • Not American - 1976

Most Helpful Guy

• It was 1776 to separate from England and wasn't till August actual and one of the guys signing it wanted it to be July 2 not the 4th

• It was John Adams that wanted it on the 2nd and they didn't finish signing it until the 2nd of August

Most Helpful Girl

• I live in America (not originally from there) and I am currently studying my ass off for the citizenship test.
    It is July 4th, 1776.

What Guys Said 15

• 1776 hahah there are some really dumb people here in America Rainie. They should remember it from grade school but apparently not.

• I'm American and I know for a fact it's 1776

Didn't watch the video and you can tell what half of the American education system these people got

We declared independence from England

I know this and a shit ton more about American wars cuz I'm patriotic and proud af

• English guy here. American's wanted independence because they were being taxed but had not representation in British Parliament. The Americans considered themselves loyal British subjects, but became frustrated when they weren't given representation, so they boycotted British goods, and even chucked British supplies into the sea.

Then the British blockaded American ports. At that point, the Americans were effectively economically independent. So I believe that's why the British then invaded.

• Which of course failed, leading to the signing of the declaration of independence in 1776, declaring the united states an independent country.

• Lmfao!!! Omg!!! This is so embarrassing hahaha "in 1776, when America declared independence from China, what year was it?" Hahahahahahahahahaha

• 1776, I've got an ancestor who signed it

• America declared independence from the tyrant known as England in 1776, July 4th a date that every American young and old should now by heart.

• Seriously, some people are actually voted 1876? lmfao...

• 1776 the biggest act of treason in history!!! :P

• Yeah such a great act that the guys we declared independence from now play second fiddle to us. ) P

• eh, our weather is WAY better

• "if the sun don't come you get a tan from standing in the English rain"-i am the walrus

• 1776

• Hey, diddle, diddle,
    The cat and the fiddle,
    The cow jumped over the moon;
    The little dog laughed
    To see such sport,
    And the dish ran away with the spoon.

• Is is 1776? Or am i wrong? Im not American tho..

• Not American - 1776

• Most of the Americans (95%) uneducated. They even don't know so basic things. Education is so important and it must be free.

• Why does matter? People want a reason to celebrate, the reason itself isn't important

• Sheit.

Just from that statement alone I can tell you know fuck all about your own American history.

• Lol I'm not American. But yeah even if I was I wouldn't care about it's history

• it was 1996

What Girls Said 7