Should I get an old -ish- Audi or a new Kia for my first car? Audi is from 2010?

Is it better to buy a used audi as my first car or a new 2016 corsa or Kia. I'm 18 and planning to use the car I get for the next 3-4years

Most Helpful Guy

• You should look into which one has lower maintenance costs and see if any of them are known for problems. If there is any extreme recalls on them. Maybe have a friend whose a mechanic look at them and ask them what they think.
    In the end it should be cheap because many people will wreck their first car.

• I saw the new Audi a1 for £14,000 and only £204 p/m on finance for 30months. I think I might get that as it has no mileage and it still under warranty

• Okay, do you know if I take out a car on finance, would hey take a credit check or reject me if I have bad credit? I'm only 18 so I have poor credit history plus I took out a loan recently which has just been paid off

• I know here they would but not sure in the UK 😕 and if they do you can maybe ask one of your parents to cosign for you or skemone with good credit. That will help as well. That loan may have helped your credit a tad. Seeing how you probably had no credit before.

Most Helpful Girl

• Audi. Those German cars are not comparable to any other in quality.

Yes, I know Opel was founded by a German and HQ is in Germany, but it is GM subsidiary so I dont trust Opel as much as I trust Audi.

I am indifferent to Asian manufactured cars. Most of them are too cheap in every way.

What Guys Said 7

• Buy the cheapest one: a beginner often ruins his first car. Why not a used Corsa?

• Your first car should be 1. decent enough to get form A to B, and 2. as cheap as possible.

• Both are the same or nearly the same just a £30 difference. That's why I'm asking what's better

• Audi is gonna be more expensive on repairs and services more than likely, I'd go for the Corsa personally. Although Audi's are beautiful cars.

Yeah, you'll have to make this decision yourself, I'm torn.

• See my main problem is which ever car I choose I'm gonna have to be stuck with it for a long time. I want something I can look at and be happy

• Aesthetically I'd go for the Audi, although the Corsa or Kia will be more practical for price in the long run, being new and cheaper to run/parts/service.

You know what, in my opinion you should get the Audi, but you can't say a Corsa doesn't look nice.

Yeah I'm still torn hahaha.

It depends if money could be a problem in the years to come.

• Think, a new Corsa or an Audi, both will look aesthetically pleasing. Ew to the Kia though.

• New Kia, they are lovely cars. According to a Consumer Reports article I read a month ago, Kia topped the list in having the least amount of vehicular issues and highest overall vehicle safety beating out high class dealers like Cadillac and Porsche.

• New Kia.

But the new Hyundai i30 is better than most new Audis anyway

• Audi 150% ford small cars are totally rubbish i promise you!

• get a bmw

What Girls Said 3

• If you are now beginning to learn to drive i'd recommend and older model. Having that said, if you get a brand new car the price is much more expensive.

• Unless the Audi is in bad shape or high miler I would go with the Audi.

• A kia

• They're reliable, new cars don't crash as easily and they're very safe. I'd say a kia is a very good starter car.