Do you think it's a habit of my dog or is there something wrong?

He keeps bitting his joint on his hind leg or his paw. Any suggestion? This concerning me.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• He could have flees. Check for that. It could also be the weather that's bothering him, or if he's outside a lot it could be sand or bugs. If a flee check and a bath don't make it stop, take him to a vet.

• But I don't see any flees?

• He has nothing not even one black spot.

• Then it could maybe be the warmth, sand, or a skin condition. Give him a bath and see how he acts after that. If he still bites and you're seeing bald spots, take him to a vet. My dog did that and the only thing we had to do was rub some ointment on the spots.

What Guys Said 2

• Possibly a tick. Take a look. If there is not limping, it is likely something like that.

• Go see a vet. He probably has a reason for doing this and it's usually not good.

What Girls Said 5

• Sounds like there's something wrong.

• It probably itches. My dog bites her feet all the time and I'm sure it's because it itches or something. If he's not limping, it's not the bones. Take him to the vet. Maybe it's a tick or flea.

• But i didn't see any tick going on. Do you think he could do it out of boredom? Like, when he's with me he does it. When he's alone and usually sleeping he doesn't

• There is obviously something wrong for him to keep doing this.
    A visit to a vet asap certainly wouldn't go amiss.

• That's probably not a habit. If it is, it's not a good one. You should take him to the vet.

• Take him to the vet