Are you a feminist?

if you are a feminist please tell me why.

• Yes
  • No
To be completely honest I'm not a feminist because I think women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition

Most Helpful Guy

• Feminism in the US is no longer about equal rights. It's social justice warriors that have no concept of logic.

• That's like saying all Muslims are terrorists, or all Christians are white supremacists; better not to mistake the loud, annoying minorities with the entire group...

• @Anpu23 Yes, so I agree with you; the legal definition of rape has to be changed (did you see Germany ghanged its definition this week, making it more about consent than the act of penetration itself?).
      But I don't see what the feminist movement has done to actively prevent this. It hasn't helped, but it hasn't helped other groups, either, seeing its focus is on women's rights. That won't prevent its members from defending the rights of other groups, will it?

• @Aetumn NOW lobbied for the definition of rape to be what it is today, the old definition was "unwanted sexual contact". That was changed in the early 80's to become gender specific, further the chairwoman of NOW has publicly stated that women do not rape, and a man, though he might feel that he was raped, was not. There was also a popular feminist joke in the 70's and 80's that went "women don't rape men, what would they do, stick a knife to his throat and say 'get it up''?"

Most Helpful Girl

• No, because I don't believe women have it as hard as they claim especially in our western society. Women have it pretty fucking easy to be perfectly honest.

What Guys Said 23

• Since I want equality for all, no, I'm not a feminist.

• I would not label myself as a feminist. I've seen a smorgasbord of different definitions of what feminism really is. (And then there is always someone to say what it "really" is, and then someone corrects them, and so forth...)

I figure that the label "feminist" is so skewed nowadays that I'll just believe what I want to believe label-free. There is no one all inclusive definition of it and I don't need a label to define my beliefs. I've given up on trying to categorize myself.

So am I actually a feminist? I don't know, depends on who you ask and how they define the word "feminist" lol

That's really vague, I know. I mean, I can say that I would disagree with something like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNH0bmYT7os
    ... but I know many "feminists" would disagree with it too... so alas, I fear I am at an impasse and cannot answer this question.

• In the sense that women should have equal rights and opportunities but on a wider scale, I feel that about everyone.

• Feminists tend to believe that men are privileged and women are oppressed, and because of this, they push for female rights, while ignoring male rights. While that may have been true 50-100 years ago, it is far from the truth today.

I believe that males and females are already equal in today's society (in first-world countries, that is), and therefore, by definition, I am not a feminist.

• I'm all for equal rights. But I wouldn't use the term feminist. Its been giving misandrists and crazed man haters a podium to voice their 'concerns'.
    Let's get real, if this was truly such a patriarchal world, these people wouldn't even get to voice their opinions. They're just all talk.

• yes... cuz they makes me more attractive

• Not really no.. I do believe in equal rights and all that, however.

• I think I am a little like... I don't like it how people get judged differently, because of their gender. Even if it's the same situation

• Yes and no. I don't identify as a feminist; I'd much rather be called an egalitarian. In my opinion, in order to treat two groups of people equally, you need to stop seeing them as two groups, and feminism is about making women equal to men, not making people equal, and that isn't my ideology.

• Neither do I believe in equality, equity nor whatever feminism stands for. Last but not least I dont' agree with their actions the most. Fucking toxic movement for the last few decades at this point.

• nah, because feminism is not about equal rights, equalitarianism is. #preachit

• i consider myself to be a feminist along the lines of Christina Hoff Summers.

• Nope

• Nope I am not

Feminism at least for women is not needed, for men possibly, and you know for a fact it's all about women. They're needed in the Middle East

• Na. Feminism now is ridiculous. It's not needed in the west. It's needed in the Middle East where women are actually oppressed.

• No I am a men's rights activist and anti-feminist.

• No, women belong in the kitchen.

• feminism is not about being against men it only supports equality sociallyieconomically and politically by men. I suggest to read to you Helena cixous' Laugh of Medusa and Ecriture feminine

• no, equality cannot be achieved by only addressing womens needs.

• When the feminist movement begun it most definitely could.

• You don't have to tell me that, i know. I don't agree with third wave feminism Im merely saying the movement started when women were genuinely oppressed and at the time addressing the needs of both genders would not have made sense as to what the group was working for.

• @ShaeNielson they'd better be.

• Looking at the poll results women should be ashamed of themselves.

• Yes, iam an ANTI-feminist

• nope, not a pig.

• im a feminist, what im not, is a feminazi

What Girls Said 16

• I believe that people deserve to be treated equally, regardless of their sex, so yes, I'd have to say I am.

• I refuse to judge an entire group of people based off of a few bad people I see on the news, and because I am not a brainless idiot. I am a feminist because I believe in equal rights between men and women, not because I hate men. In fact I quite enjoy the company of men.

• Forgot to touch on why people don't think feminism is needed in the US.

I think it is needed. Granted, not as much as middle eastern countries. But you can't deny its complete and utter bullshit that Brock Turner got six months for raping a girl. What's even worse is that, Brock Turner got more time than 97% of rapists in America.

• I know. It's revolting. And remember the steubenville case?

• @LaVilaine yes, that case made me just as sick.

• The old school original type of feminist who wants equality? Hell yes. But why do you think wanting the same treatment is unambitious? We're not better than men, because we can't exist without them. We need both for humans to survive. And we're certainly not their equals, yet. There are still many places in this world where women are still seen as property, and some parts of America where women are still considered inferior.

• Yes I am a feminist, because I support women's equal right to men in all arenas of economic, social and political life. I do not see men different from women when it comes to how much same job pays. I do not want to have my kids in a world, where a women earns 50k per year while the same qualification guy earns 80k guy per year for the same exact position. I do not want to have fathers who think college education is more important for boys not for girls. I do not want to see people thinking it is women's duty to change diaper of the baby, pick kids from the school, cook for the family, and clean the house, while both mother and father are working 10 hours a day and each job is equally tiring.

But I am in no way saying women are better than men. That is just sexism.

You know what I mean?

• Nopppppe and proud of it

• Honestly? No.
    Some people accuse me of being one on here for some reason, even though I don't say anything to make them think that. Lmao!

• Nope

• Because getting married and having a truckload of babies and cooking meals and washing clothes until I dropped dead wouldn't ever have been fulfilling enough for me.

• 0|1
  • Equalist 😊

• Because I believe in the equal right of both genders. We should all be given equal pay, education, and be held to the same norms as the opposite gender.

• I am tired of explaining why I am one

• I believe in equality but I am not a feminist.

• I am a RADICAL feminist!!! B)

• Yes. My great grandmother was the first woman to receive a degree at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She was told to leave the classroom many times because she was a woman, but continued to push through despite the backlash. Feminism isn't about hating men, it's about equality among the sexes and standing up for what you believe in. I am appalled that any woman isn't a feminist. If you aren't, you're basically spitting in the faces of all the women who fought for you to have the rights that you currently do. Without feminism, we wouldn't be able to have jobs, vote, take birth control, play sports etc...

• The first class of women at UW madison was 1863. Your great grandma was that old?

• Might have been great great? I've obviously never met her.

• Nope