Do you feel you are smarter than everyone else?

Is it wrong if i think most people i know are dumber and inferior?

Does that makes me narcissist?

• I feel smarter than most people i know.
  • I feel "normal" (the same intelligence as others).
  • I feel slightly dumber.

Most Helpful Girl

• Fine, I'll admit it: I've always felt smarter than most. Doesn't mean I think I am, though... I think there are many different types of intelligence, and I just happen to be blessed with the more intellectual/traditional ones.

Most Helpful Guy

• lol No but when I see the kind of morons on the internet and the idiots in the world... I have the arrogant pretense to think that I am better than a number of people on this planet

What Girls Said 18

• I never say this out loud because I don't want to sound like a conceited bitch who thinks she's better than everybody.. cuz I don't think I'm "better" there's more than one type of intelligence... I am academically smart yes. I get the best grades.. and sometimes I do feel like I'm one of the few with common sense.. and I get frustrated with dumb people but whatever.. I still love my friends.. I don't think I'm better cuz they might excel at something I won't be able to.. it's all about our individual talent 😊

• Just go to Harvard, Caltech or MIT and your classmates there will be frustrated with your dumbass.

• English might not be your first language so makes sense...

• @sparkly-crystal yep.. it's not my first language.. I need to update my dictionary I guess..

• You lost me when you used the word "inferior".

I believe that anyone who thinks that most people are inferior to themselves, can't possibly be all that smart. ✌

• A lot of times I feel like I'm the only one among my friends with common sense. They come to me for advice, but then don't listen. Then they come back and say, "I should've listened" *shrugs*

• Not necessarily, I kind of lack booksmarts. However, I think I definitely have a bit more common sense than the average person, which can sometimes be more useful than said booksmarts.

• not smarter, more intelligent I'd say
    smart applies to learned inferences whilst intelligence measures our ability to learn

• slightly dumber but tht's because the people i hang around are either insanely perceptive or insanely educated.

the people who insist they're more intelligent than everyone else usually are not XD

"any man who knows a thing knows he knows not a damn thing at all"

• In general I feel normal, but there are certain areas I feel dumber/smarter in.

• I dont compare myself with others to feel superior or inferior. There is no point. Each person is unique, dumb or smart. Any person who think he/she is the smartest among all he/she knows is probably dumber or just insecure arrogant person.

• Do I feel smarter than everyone else? No. I know that I'm objectively not an idiot, and theoretically a smart person. But smarter than everyone else? That's a bit of a stretch. I haven't met everyone. There's bound to be at least one person that's smarter than me.

• I explained my self wrong.

"Do you feel you are smarter than MOST PEOPLE?" this should be the title

• I think I have about average intelligence, maybe slightly above average.

• I don't think I'm necessarily smarter than my peers, but I feel as if I understand things more deeply

• Yes, I do, for several reasons that I don't feel like writing out lol

• I actually don't feel that smart when I talk... Probably just a normal level of intellegence. But I've been told I talk really intelligently.

• Yeah people always tell me I'm either the dumb one or the ugly one so I guess I'm not that smart. :/

• Not everyone else, just most people haha I must sound horrible

• Nah, I always feel dumb.

• I'm pretty smart

• I feel slightly dumber in general.

• Maybe becuz you are

• I was talking about the people from your class/city/facebook, and with the same age.

• You don't said it. So in my class I was smarter, in the city about average or dumber.

What Guys Said 16

• "Is it wrong if I think most people I know are dumber and inferior?"

There is nothing wrong with being an intelligent person. I have great respect for intelligent people because we definitely need more of them in today's world.

However, it would be very ignorant to state that most people you know are "dumber and inferior", because most smart people I know are actually quite and humble about their intelligence. The more intelligent you become, the more you realize that there are many things you do not know... Perhaps the people who think they are "superior" to others because of their intelligence think that way because they are actually not intelligent and humble enough to realize his or her own limitations.

Einstein once said - "A true genius admits that he / she knows nothing".

Once you mature, you will realize that people you thought to be intelligently inferior were actually the ones who were intelligently superior. They were just humble, wise, and patient enough to wait for you to mature and see for yourself.

• I find people I know in real life tend to be a lot more complicated in general than I would initially be inclined to give them credit.

Talking purely at a scholarly level, a lot of experts in a particular specialty often have some major blindspots accompanying their expertise -- a form of tunnel vision resulting from having narrowed their focus to one very specific area.

I could meet a person who seems really dumb overall on first impression, only to find in the process of getting to know them that there are at least some subjects they understand far better than I do. It could be a young girl who understands far, far more about cosmetics than I do. Even if she seems clueless when I talk about my bioinformatics research at my university, I'm just as clueless when she's talking about eye liners and lipstick and foundation. As a less extreme example, I might meet a man who is barely literate but reveals his genius the moment he takes plays a musical instrument.

So I don't think of intelligence as something which can be placed on a simple linear scale. For the people I know in real life, I generally find them to be fascinating people from whom I could learn a lot.

When it comes to the media and the internet, that's another story.

• Thank you for this question. It's really interesting ☺.
    When I moved to the UK, I was surprised about the tests I got when I was applying for job. Like math from 1st grade, etc. Later I noticed that some people in the UK are hardly able to write and read.
    So yes, I think in the UK I'm maybe smarter than majority of people in the city I live in.
    Originally I'm from Czech Republic. Compare to the UK people are more educated. But what really makes me upset is grammar in my native language. It's not so difficult (for native speakers) and seems like people doesn’t care about grammar at all. So if someone don't make the effort to write correctly without grammar mistakes, yes these people I consider as dumb. And yes, again I think I'm smarter than a lot of people from my original country.

• There are many different forms of intelligence, skyview.vansd.org/.../...s%20of%20Intelligence.htm and though I may excel at some, I may lack in others. Certainly most everyone's intelligent in some for or other.

• If you want my honest opinion, I feel that most people are beneath me. I love them regardless, however.

• I have the same feeling dude :|

• Glad to hear it. I don't understand people who look down on themselves.

• Yes, I have always held that view.
    When I was 16 my parents had me tested, which showed that I was in the top 2 per cent.
    My university results, then and now, were in the top 5 per cent consistently. It has taken me until this late age to work on a doctorate.

• Grades not always means Intelligence. From my experience they are the dumber. I guess we have diffrent views on how to rate Intelligence.

• @Suturio within the context of years one to 12 of school, I would tend to agree with you.
      Success in school depends largely upon an ability to remember specified information, then recall it on demand.
      That does not necessarily equal intelligence.
      Intelligence is necessary at university, where students have to research and synthesise, rather than repeat the result of rote learning.
      I have seen plenty of people who had good school results fail miserably at university, because they had good memories, not high IQs.
      I act as an unpaid tutor to students who ask for my help. They need the help because the school system does not teach them how to research properly, how to think critically, or how to prioritise tasks and plan work flows.

• I feel normal.

• I'm better than all

• I am smarter and more intelligent than most people.
    I do not feel smarter or more intelligent than others however.

Terrible curse.

• No. I'm dumb. Why else would I be a bodybuilder?

• Knowledge/facts-wise? They are. But I believe that wisdom-wise I believe I am

• I feel norm

• I graduated summa cum laude from a 4 year university with a scholarship. I consider myself to be pretty mentally sharp.

• more dumb*

• On gag? ha. yes.

• It's funny how the average person thinks they are smarter than average..

I am way smarter than average though