What's the best way to clean your room?

My room is seriously a disgusting mess. I don't even know where to start it's overwhelming please help!

Most Helpful Guy

• you make an appointment with someone to get laid in your bedroom, your room will be clean in 5 minuts.

Most Helpful Girl

• Start with a binbag.

Get rid of rubbish, old clothes, whatever.

After you've done that, get a laundry basket and get all the old clothes ready to be washed. If you need to wash your bed, add that in too.

Some people like to get a feather duster here. If you need to dust the corners or the lights do this step now.

After that, grab a cloth and some polish and one by one start with a surface and clean of chuck things or put away. This way any crumbs or dirt are swept on the floor and dust is in the cloth.

Finally, vacuum. Get rid of that dust, get in those nooks and crannies, go along the skirting board.

Viola! Beautiful clean bedroom :) spray air freshener for a final touch.

What Guys Said 6

• I made a strategy when I was younger for efficiency (and I was procrastinating on cleaning my own room lol)

1.) Clothes. Easy to pickup and they have a destined location. If possible, you can just bring your clothes hamper around so you don't need to walk back and forth. Picking up clothes now will help make things easier for picking up future stuff by giving you more room to see/work with.

2.) Large stuff that is garbage (stuff that you can't put in a garbage bag). Rather, if you have any big plastic bags lying around, cardboard boxes, or things that are obtrusive and blocking your path around, pick these up. I say go for garbage first before non garbage, so you can see stuff underneath the garbage and deal with it later. Likewise, prioritize picking up specifically big garbage now since it all goes in one place.

3.) Large stuff that is not garbage. Get the stuff that is still blocking your floor and such. You can't get garbage or put away any small stuff underneath if you can't see it.

4.) Small stuff that is not garbage. Pick up small stuff that isn't garbage (i. e. pens, loose coins, dvds, etc.) first. Unlike large garbage, you can vacuum small garbage up, which will speed up your process. You can't vacuum though if you have things that aren't garbage blocking your path. This is often the longest step since small stuff takes the longest to organize and there is a lot of it.

5.) Small stuff that is garbage. Get a garbage bag. Throw stuff that is not vacuum-safe in the bag. Vacuum up the rest. I suggest vacuuming what you can now before it gets dirty again.

If you want to, now you can dust and such too-- maybe change the sheets.

• douse it with gasoline, light a match and start over. LOL :) Seriously though, I do not know. Sometimes, i wonder how I can get it so bad, and when I do clean up it takes forever. But it is rewarding knowing that your room clean, and have a sense of euforia. I tend to picture my room, like that Simpsons cartoon episode, where Homer, bart and lisa clean the kitchen for Marge, and she tells them to keep it clean, and as they work back into the kitchen, you see the kitchen in the background, as the swinging door, reveals in one swipe that the ktichen goes from clean to dirty in seconds. lol Yep, thats what I got.

• I first go with the vacuum cleaner. Then with a Brush I'll go through the corners of my room. After that I'll take a ehm I don't know what you call it but a cloth, that you put in water and go over the furniture.
    Then finally with a wet mop I go over the floor again, after that I go with a dryer mop over the floor again, and that's about it

• Systematically. Start from one end, and go from there.

• Start at the door and work your way in

• best way is just to get started, and get off of gag

What Girls Said 2

• Start with making your bed. Next sort all your clothes into clean or dirty. Put the clean clothes on your bed for folding. Then go around your room picking up any trash. That should give you a good start.

• Make a list of what you need to do and check off as you go while listening to music