What is your purpose in life?

Albert Camus theorized that unless you can't find a reason to live, then you should end your life. What keeps you going? What is your purpose? What keeps you alive?

Most Helpful Guy

• My purpose is to lead men and women into battle.

What Girls Said 4

What Guys Said 14

• Enjoy the misery and suffering of trying to understand and find your "purpose" in life by reading any of the following below, they all from "On The Heights Of Despair" by Emil Cioran:

"I don’t understand why we must do things in this world, why we must have friends and aspirations, hopes and dreams. Wouldn’t it be better to retreat to a faraway corner of the world, where all its noise and complications would be heard no more? Then we could renounce culture and ambitions; we would lose everything and gain nothing; for what is there to be gained from this world?"

and this:

"Why do men insist on achieving something? Would it not be better if they stood still under the sun in calm and silent immobility? What is there to accomplish? Why so much effort and ambition? Man has forgotten the meaning of silence. Although consciousness is the offspring of a vital deficiency, it is not a cause for inadaptability in every individual; in some it has, on the contrary, produced an exacerbation of their vital instincts. Unable to live in the present, man amasses things which weigh and subjugate him; the feeling of the future is a calamity to him. Consciousness has divided men into two categories, equally unbalanced and unhappy: those bent on interiorization, self-torment, and tragedy, and those possessed by the imperialistic urger to acquire and to own. Consciousness made animal, man, and man, demon, but it has never made anyone God, no matter how proud the world is to have killed one on the cross."

• My purpose is to find purpose... BAM!! Very deep and profound, I know, I know. franspianostudio.files.wordpress.com/.../..._n.jpg

• My purpose is to transcend myself. And to have some pretty mind blowing sex and universal love along the way :D

• My purpose currently is to search for an objective meaning to life. Success is unlikely, but it's a logically sound goal.

• To find whatever enjoyment I can, wherever I can, while my ride on this ball of rock and mud lasts.

Hedonism: it's as good as any other reason for living.

• What keeps me going? My family and aspiring to be like how my dead family. Obviously not the dead part, just moderately successful and happy.

• He seems a complicated guy...

Curiosity keeps me alive (and fear of loosing the freedom to do it, like tyranny, diseases or death), a thing that comes with everyone but it's damaged while you grow, by n factors.

• to survive

• Tch, nothin'.

• Camus is trying to bring everybody down with him because his life is shit LMAO. If you want to die, just die alone.

• Be an anarchist

• i'm waiting for my life to end.

• My purpose is to live.

• My mother and father is what's keeping me alive. The thought of them being totally and utterly heartbroken if I died before them makes me want to continue this life.

What happens after they pass away, I have no idea.

As for there being any purpose to life - I don't think there is any purpose. Life is meaningless

• I agree with you completely