Why does orange juice wake a person up?

I have noticed it works a little better than coffee. At least, it does for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• see A lot of people merely THINK coffee wakes them up... its actually a placebo affect. Caffeine actually takes up to an hour and a half to start working. Most people by that time are already awake. if more people just let their bodies wake up naturally instead of thinking they need to rely on something, they wouldn't need coffee in the morning. ... as for your question, I'm not quite sure... maybe the body absorbs the sugar in the orange juice faster than it does the sugar and or caffeine in the coffee? ... not sure. also I'm not sure if this works for everyone either... but its an interesting question I'll give you that.

What Guys Said 5

• Natural sugar

• water used to wake me up... when it was poured on my face in high school.

• Probably the sugar. I don't recommend drinking any fruit juices. They are the same as soda you get no benefit from drinking them.

• i stopped drinking soda along time ago for health issues, but i'm crazy about orange juice.

• i'm very particular now about what i eat or drink. i don't trust any of those f*ckers when it comes to food. i. e. the government, fda, etc. they're all liars.

• Oh thats good! Hahah yup they are!

• Because it's full of sugar!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• Could be the Vitamin C that gets One Going and Flowing.
    I find that with my own Multiple Vitamins every morning, I am like A... Morning Glory.
    Good luck. xx

• potassium and fructose.

• I haven't noticed that. It's super refreshing tho.

• Citric acid gives you energy.

• because of vitamin C i guess

• It's probably because it's heaped with sugar.

• Vitamine C

• There is Vitamin C and it is a very sweet and strong taste so it probably wakes up the taste buds haha I don't know

• It doesn't really have that effect on me

• Vitamin C I think