Would you date your best friend's ex if you liked them?

• Yes.
  • No.
  • Maybe.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, there are something's you just shouldn't do, no matter how tempting. I'd rather regret losing what I never had than regret losing something I already got.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• No because that's a violation of The Bro Code #63:

63: No sex with you Bro’s ex. It is never ever permissible for a Bro to sleep with his Bro’s ex.

www.brocode.org/.../

Maybe, but, at minimum, I'd have to get his permission first and I would wait until he had another girlfriend. Even then, I doubt it... That is a very strong intuitive rule among men because, at an instictive level, once we are with a woman, she is always ours (even if we leave her, believe it or not) and we wish to kill (or, at minimum, not be friends with) any male who's later with our exGF. So, this Bro Code preserves male friendships.

• We have to engage the Bro/Sis code.
    (1) Was the break up amicable, if not who was dumped or any ill feeling lingering?
    (2) Say split was okay and no major residual feelings?
    (2a) Ask your friend is it okay to date their ex.
    (3) Abide by their decision, they will probably say yes anyway.

• No, the idea of having sex with a girl one of my friends or family members had sex with grosses me out.

• Yes I've done it before I like my best friends X they broke up in freshmen year ( I really didn't talk to her that much during freshmen sophomore year I started going to FFA and she was there we exchanged numbers and eventually I wanted to go out with her so I talked to my friend about it he said he didn't care even said good luck she's controlling. She tried she failed but we were togeather for 2 years we broke up in 2012 started dating in 2010

• Ahhhh, depends if I want to stay best friends with my boyfriend or not. I can't see us dating and me staying bfs if I'm dating his ex. But either way , I would ask their permission first and if they were through.

• nope that would make me a shit friend.

• no, it's disrespectful

• No, unless it's a super-love case.

• No of course not, that totally goes against the bro code

What Girls Said 5

• Friend's exes are nothing I want to involve myself with.

• I would not even flirt with him.
    My friends are way more important for me than men.
    It was her man, it means that it was her 'territory' and I am not gonna 'hunt' near that.

• I don't know. It would depend on my relationship with my best friend and how much chemistry there was between me and their ex

• no. seriously gross

• No I wouldn't