How do you stop holding a grudge?

It's complicated, but my so called best friend had a friend move in with us because she was having problems. Now this woman was her other best friend, and I know people can have multiple friends. However, she treated her better than me. It reached a point where it started to feel like I was only a paycheck to her, but she still tried to call me her best friend. I'm sure I was jealous at the time, but maybe I had reason to be. She had her head up her but all the time. When I tried to talk to her about my day, she blew me off. Whenever she talked about her day, she only talked about work, but she talked to this woman about everything all the time. She was already spending most of her time in her phone already, and we still rarely talk about personal stuff. She saves most of that for other people. For a while they stopped being friends because they screwed each other over pretty bad. Now she's back in our lives again, and she's acting the same way. I know I have to let it go, but it's hard. I just don't see how she can call me her best friend and treat me like I'm just a convenience whenever she's around. How do I let it go?

What Guys Said 1

• Well you have to know it's just not that simple. It's not like a light switch that you just flip to turn it on and off. Having faced this challenge a few times over the years I have found its easier to just rest in the knowing that you made your friendship avalable to her and it was not received. You did you part and they didn't. It could be possible that this friend was confident in feeling your friendship that she didn't see that putting this other girl in the lime light would be a trama to the two you. Either way , don't let this eat at you like it is. If the problem is with your friend not valuing the friendship as you do it her and not you ; so don't allow some one else to have that power over your life and happiness

What Girls Said 0